Browns Not Pursuing QB Matt Flynn

Discussion in 'Cleveland Browns' started by Sweets, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

According to Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, the Browns have not pursued Green Bay quarterback Matt Flynn and reports that they're set to make offer untrue, per a league source.

Source: The Redzone

2. TideRedskinslunatic

TideRedskinslunatic 2nd String

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

Or waiting on Kolb?

4. YEAH DUDE!

YEAH DUDE! CHAMPION OF THE UNIVERSE!

I still don't see how they give up on Colt so fast, the guy had what to work with for a WR? If they somehow could get Justin Blackman for him to throw too, that would be a huge improvement. Get this kid some help, he isn't that bad. I think Colt is far better then Kolb.

5. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

Saying the same thing for weeks now Yeah Dude, no reason to give up on Colt yet.

6. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

Colt will get one more year, but I wouldn't be surprised if they draft a QB late.

7. Dragonite

The Browns have a few holes but I can't see any QB succeeding with those Wide outs. Their TE's are the best Wide Outs on that team.

8. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

They say it takes 3 years to be comfortable in the west coast offense. McCoy barely got 3 weeks with the coaching staff with the non-existent off-season.
    And, their kick returner is their best WR right now.

9. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Eh, I'll disagree if Little can improve. He'll never be a superstar but if he gets the drops under control, he has potential to be a very solid receiver, especially in the WCO where he can get in space and be physical.

10. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

Yeah, I like Little. He'll get better. Wide receivers used to get 3 years too.

11. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I'm a huge McCoy fan. Loved him since college. Would be a shame for them to ditch him without ever giving him a real chance to succeed.

12. Tim Tebow

Tim Tebow Best QB in NY

It's good to see people are talking about Colt McCoy.

13. Dragonite

Colt and Little need to get an offseason together and get a number one WR. I am sure that Colt could be successful in this league he just needs pieces.

14. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

we have known flynn was the consolation prize for a while. however, there really doesn't seem to be a lot of excitement from the teams about this guy. i'm beginning to wonder if the league feels he's the next kolb instead of being the next schaub.

15. 86WARD

86WARD -

I don't think you can say that. I'm not a fan, but we don't really know what Kolb is. He came to a new team, into a new offense in a shortened preseason...I don't think it's a good "read" on what he's going to be yet.

16. CaptainStubing

if kolb had been a rookie last year and that's all we knew about him, then i would agree. however, that was not his first rodeo and he looked just as lost, confused, and indecisive in the eagles offense, in which he played for many years.

The guy is getting ready to turn 28 years old and has not improved on his ability to read defenses and make decisions.

Don't get me wrong. He's not CFL or AFL quality. He is a legit #2 nfl QB and if that's what you turned to when your starter went down, it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

But, to expect him to magically become starter quality and pay him as such is not smart.

17. 86WARD

86WARD -

Sometimes being a rookie in a new system is easier than being a veteran in a new system in that a rookie has an empty head. Sometimes these veterans have that old habit there...

I actually said many times that he would fail in Arizona last season. I tend to agree with you that he's no better than a 2. But I'd like to see him with a full off season before formulating the final opinion...if that makes sense.

18. CaptainStubing

you're more patient and forgiving than i am. i've seen enough of him.

19. 86WARD

86WARD -

If it makes you feel better with millions on the line and needing a QB, I wouldn't run out to sign him...lol.