Browns QB Colt McCoy Ready To Fight For Starting Job

Discussion in 'Cleveland Browns' started by SRW, Jul 4, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

The Browns drafted Oklahoma State quarterback Brandon Weeden in the first round of this year's draft, and it appears Weeden, not McCoy, has become the team's franchise quarterback. The Browns have reportedly even tried to trade McCoy, but they've told him he will have a chance to compete for the starting job when camp begins later this month in Berea, Ohio. That's all McCoy wants — a chance to fight for the job. "That's part of my nature," McCoy said about his desire to fight for the job. "You're getting everything I have, whether that's working, preparing, studying or practicing. Unfortunately, a lot of things are out of my control. The main thing for me is not to worry about those things I can't control. I have to go in, do my job and have high character and compete my tail off, if the opportunity's available. Other than that, there's not much you can do. So that's what I try to do every day."

Source: Abilene Reporter-News

2. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

That's cute

3. Colt is good man. Him in Cleveland was a bad idea to begin with. Trade him to some other team like Dallas and let him learn behind Romo. He definitely has starting QB talent.

4. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

:Loco:

5. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

LOL 28 year old rookie.

6. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

This is all that needs to be known when asked the question: "Why do the Browns always suck?".

7. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

So, they're not going to trade him? Colt needs to be in position to start. I think he can be good with the right team.

8. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

This ^^^^^^^agree

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

9. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

i like colt SO much better than weeden lol

in the right offense colt could be really good, he needs to be like jeff garcia though. high percentage dink and dunks. if he can run and complete passes in the 70%s hed be awesome, hes got the accuracy just not the scheme

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

I wouldn't mind him backing up Ben.

11. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

McCoy in a system like New England would be amazing.

12. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

If the patriots end up trading mallet or hoyer I'd love to see McCoy come in and learn behind Brady for a couple years. I'm a big McCoy fan and I think given the right situation he can definitely excel.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket

13. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Crap, swap em for all I care. I've already said McCoy is a really bad fit for the offense Cleveland wants to run, and Mallet wouldn't have to see the field anytime soon as they already have a capable backup.

14. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

McCoy is at best a Kyle Orton type in the NFL. Don't get me wrong I think he can be a very capable backup for a long time in the league, I just don't at all believe he is set for stardom as many of you guys suddenly seem to believe.

15. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

McCoy is a backup at best but I'd take Orton over him any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

16. 86WARD

86WARD -

I said it in another thread...wouldn't mind him backing up Ben in Pittsburgh.