Browns QB Derek Anderson's Time Is Running Out?

Discussion in 'Cleveland Browns' started by SRW, Jun 23, 2009.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

It is very possible that this could turn into a contract year for Browns quarterback Derek Anderson. Anderson signed a three-year, $24 million contract in 2008, but the final year of the deal isn't guaranteed. As ESPN's James Walker points out, Cleveland will likely cut him loose unless he beats Brady Quinn out for the starting job and excels this season.

Source: ESPN.com

2. Flacco2MasonTD

Flacco2MasonTD ಠ_ಠ

James Walker is always good for the dirt - and I think Anderson's one season 'flash in the pan' is becoming more obvious for what it was. And the Ravens organization doesn't look as bad for passing on this mook.

3. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Will he get anything in the third year if they cut him?

How much is the third year worth?

4. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Wow, talk about make or break for Derek Anderson.

5. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Anderson>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Flacco>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Quinn

6. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

I would take quinn over both.

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

God I hope the Browns go with Anderson. :laughy32:

8. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

^See I have the strongest proof in all of GIFdom that I'm correct.

9. ball in the baskett

Nope your wrong brady quinn hasent even had a full year how can you judge him?

10. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Because there is a good reason he hasn't even had a full year..... do you wanna give Kolb a full year before you make up your mind?

11. ball in the baskett

Quinn got hurt and his first start he wasent that bad. He wasent like kolb throwing picks left and right. Peyton manning was horrible his rookie year so give him time.

12. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

I would rather give the better QB time... and that's Anderson

13. ball in the baskett

They could both be good i would like to see quinn get traded somewhere honestly.

14. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

15. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

Dude Quinn never had a full year cause' DA got the nod Quinn's rookie year...then last year he got a few starts and an injury after DA sucked butt. Not because Quinn sucked...a little research before you post bro

16. ball in the baskett

word

17. 86WARD

86WARD -

lol.

18. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

I'm confused as to who this is directed at? Certainly you aren't making my exact point for me in such a douche laden condescending tone directed at me...... are you bro?

19. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

Maybe I'm confused to what your point is man, you're saying Anderson is the better QB and that is why Quinn hasn't played a full season based on your previous post, but that isn't accurate....Anderson was terrible last year, Quinn got the nod and was hurt. Quinn is a first round draft pick and deserves a shot for a year...it seems like baskett and Ward read your post the same way man.

20. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Well research man....what week did Quinn get the nod last year? Go ahead... do your reseach.... I will wait........

Oh that's right... he hasn't had a full year yet because for his two years in the league he has failed to win the starting job in the offseason....... now yes he FINALLY had a chance last year that he promptly did nothing special with but if you watched Cleveland's games last year as I did the fact that he got that chance had just as much to do with the play of the O-line and Braylon Stonehands Edwards as it did with DA's play........ and now we are right back to an offseason of the same old QB competition where Quinn again has so far (per media reports) yet to show he should be the starter.
    Don't get me wrong......I fully expect him to get the nod this year but only due to his more high profile contract and fan/media pressure desperate for a change and attention..... but I also then fully expect him to be mediocre and the Browns to suck again.