Browns QB Johnny Manziel Sends Text To QB Coach 'I Want To Wreck This League Together'

Discussion in 'Cleveland Browns' started by 86WARD, May 17, 2014.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

Perhaps the notion of a silent or detached owner is merely that -- a notion. Browns quarterbacks coach Dowell Loggains said in a radio interview Thursday that a text from Johnny Manziel during the draft helped inspire owner Jimmy Haslam to trade up for him. "We're sitting there and they keep showing Johnny on T.V. and Johnny and I are texting and he shoots me a text and he says, 'I wish you guys would come get me. Hurry up and draft me because I want to be there. I want to wreck this league together.' When I got that text, I forwarded it to the owner and to the head coach (Mike Pettine)," Loggains said Thursday on Sports Talk with Bo Mattingly on Arkansas ESPN. "I'm like 'this guy wants to be here. He wants to be part of it.' As soon as that happened, Mr. Haslam said, 'pull the trigger.'"

Source: The Plain Dealer

2. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

Not sure if anyone posted a thread about the patriots 'leaked' scouting report on manziel but it was pretty interesting. It expresses various worries about Manziel’s off-field habits, including a somewhat bizarre reference to “outlaw bloodlines.” (there are apparently some criminals in his family) The report also describes Manziel as a “spoiled brat” who gets an allowance from his grandfather and whose father bought him a luxury car.

From a football standpoint, Texas Tech sources told the Patriots that coaches “can’t yell/scream at him or he shuts down; has walked away from [former Texas A&M offensive coordinator Kliff] Kingsbury in the past,” and that Manziel doesn’t study the game.

Buck Fenson likes this.
  3. 86WARD

86WARD -

It's pretty obvious from his attitude so far that those reports are true. He's a rookie and a back up QB. He needs to act that way...

Buck Fenson likes this.
  4. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

I really want to see this kid fall on his face and never ever recover.

TJ, Buck Fenson, 86WARD and 1 other person like this.
  5. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

yep, he's an easy guy to not like.

Buck Fenson likes this.
  6. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

He is gonna last in Cleveland. He is gonna suck up to the owner and be his project. And they will lose more than they win. Not even their defense will be able to help too much.

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

@Buck Fenson - so you're saying business as usual in Cleveland?

Buck Fenson likes this.
  8. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I seem to be one of the few that doesn't really have a strong opinion on him either way. Can't say I'll root for him to do well or hate on him.

9. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

[​IMG]

10. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Congrats, Ward.

11. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Not reported:

Coach responded with a photo text with the caption...

"Only if we can wreck this ass together"

[​IMG]