Browns Rookies Upset Over 10-Hour Bus Trip To Camp

Discussion in 'Cleveland Browns' started by mike oxlong, May 30, 2009.

1. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

Multiple league sources said Friday the Browns rookies and their agents ranged from baffled to upset that Browns coach Eric Mangini took the rookies on a 10-hour bus trip to Hartford, Conn., Friday to work his football camp today and then will bus them back home tonight. "It's a sophisticated form of hazing," said one league source. "I've never heard of anything like it. "Mangini's eighth annual football camp, for under-resourced children in grades 8-12, is voluntary for the rookies -- but all felt compelled to attend, a source said. "It's voluntary, but it's not really voluntary," said one source. "These players are fighting for starting jobs and playing time. What are they supposed to do, say 'No, I'm not going?' "

Source: Cleveland Plain Dealer

2. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

shut up and stop whinning rookies
    a 10hr trip to help some kids out isnt something to complain about

3. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Yea they shouldent whine about it i want to go on a 10 hrs trip.

4. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

what a bunch of snitches

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

That's great...I'm sure it wasn't the most comfortable bus either...

[​IMG]

6. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

I don't know man, if you want the players there then fine fly them there. I think they're justified in being pissed. Mangini is trying to be a hard guy, and he's not. Everyone said that Favre was the reason for the Jets blowing up last year, and he was a big part of it, but Mangini played just as big a role. He made a ton of questionable coaching decisions, that cost the team at least 2 games, and IMO he lost his team. I believe his players lost respect for him as a coach. There are ways to be tough on your players, this is just a dumb one...Again, I have no problem using the players to help the kids, but by them a freaking plane ticket, 20 hours on a bus in 1 1/2 to 2 days is stupid to me for pro athletes.

7. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

Quote from a user at the Cleveland Plain Dealer sums up my feelings...

==========================

Pro athletes? Barely, some might not even make the team. They are rookies who haven't even taking a snap in the league. It's not like they are busing Brady and Moss cross state.

8. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

Nothing like a ten hour bus trip to get to know your new teammates. They should want to do it. But if they don't, it's not like none of us have ever had to do something we didn't want to do for a job or school. Maybe we'll just whine at Ben Roethlisberger this year until he falls down.

9. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

:word: Hey, if this is one way to get in the Coach's good grace the I'd ride a bike to the place. What the hell ever happened to "doing whatever it takes" to get what you want? These heckers now expect everything handed to them on a silver platter.