Browns Sign Free Agent CB Roderick Hood

Discussion in 'Cleveland Browns' started by mike oxlong, May 26, 2009.

1. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

The Browns have signed veteran free-agent cornerback Roderick Hood, two league sources confirm. Hood started for the Arizona Cardinals in last season's Super Bowl. He was the team's starting cornerback for 30 of the previous 32 regular-season games, intercepting six passes, including five in 2007.

Source: Cleveland Plain Dealer

2. theeraser21

theeraser21 u r a slapdick

solid nickelback or starter depending on if the browns want youth or experience.

3. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

Has to be an upgrade over Terry Cousin.

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

Eric Wright and Brandon McDonald...

McDonald played fairly well last year, I don't know if you'd want to "stunt" his growth by playing Hood in his spot. But Hood will be able to help McDonald grow...

5. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

hood = cheater

6. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

I know who our CB's are. McDonald had a few rough patches last year, but came on later. But, I guess you could start Champ Bailey and Deion Sanders in their primes and make them cover for 8+ seconds and they'd have rough patches. I'd like to stick with the youth, but having guys come in and challenge them can't be a bad thing. I would assume Hood would come in and take the nickel spot. 3rd down was a disaster last year.

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

I think Hood's a good signing for them. Like you said, definitely better than Cousins. Hood brings a strong nickel back to the team and a veteran presence to help Wright and McDonald. He'll definitely push them...which is a good thing.