Browns To Turn To Acquiring QB Kevin Kolb After Missing Out On RGIII?

Discussion in 'Cleveland Browns' started by SRW, Mar 11, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

After losing out to the Redskins in the RGIII sweepstakes, the Browns are considering other options at quarterback and according to Jeff Schudel of the Willoughby News-Herald they could turn their attention to Cardinals quarterback Kevin Kolb. Browns GM Tom Heckert drafted Kolb with the Eagles in 2007. Kolb is due a $7 million bonus on March 17 and the Cardinals won't keep him if they sign Peyton Manning. Heckert could trade for Kolb after 4 p.m. Tuesday and before Kolb is due the bonus, costing them their second-round choice — pick 37 overall. "I still think Kevin is going to be a good player," Heckert said Thursday. "Time will tell on that. He hasn't really played a whole lot. Even last year he was hurt." John Skelton replaced Kolb, and the Cardinals won five of their last six games, leading to speculation the Cardinals might dump Kolb even if they don't sign Manning.

Source: The Redzone

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2012
  2. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

They might pursue him if he's cut, but I'd be surprised if they traded for him. Only reason Arizona would bounce him is for Manning, and they'll have to cut in that case.

3. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Has anyone ever been so highly valued and sucked so bad? I still don't understand the Kolb love. Dude's a nobody.

4. YEAH DUDE!

YEAH DUDE! CHAMPION OF THE UNIVERSE!

The dude has a lot of hype for reasons I'm not so sure of, didn't he just basically showed he was all hype last season? Colt could beat out Kolb.

5. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Eh, I think knowledge of the WCO gives Kolb an edge. We'll see.

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

I've been saying this if Manning were to sign with the Cardinals. Shurmur worked with Kolb in Philly when Kolb had some "success." He's probably the best fit of anyone out there to come in and run the offense. Whether he will be successful in Cleveland is another story...

7. FamousGuy909

FamousGuy909 Ticket Scalper

no trades, besides who is this clown, mcnabbs back up....

8. marty264

marty264 Team Veteran

Great consolation prize, the guy who the Cardinals don't want.

9. FamousGuy909

FamousGuy909 Ticket Scalper

its a bluff, the NEW browns are hip, and dont sway that way.... u know the wrong way.... im confinidint the Browns will come out good on this, even though RG3 was the shait, 3x1st is soooooo WRONG

10. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

:word:

11. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

He was Matt Flynn before Matt Flynn. Basically the same situation. Makes me wonder why everyones so high on Flynn.

12. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Matt Flynn is much more Matt Schaub than Kevin Kolb if your looking for an accurate comparison in situations.

John Skelton seems like a more appropriate modern day Kolb comparison (Ironically).

13. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

yep, as Andy said, there are goods and bads you can point to with situations like Flynn. The good thing is that he's been learning nfl offenses/defenses from a good coaching staff. his brain should be ready. he apparently has physical skills. so, we will find out if he has the other key variables emotionally and mentally that will make if sink or swim.

14. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I'm shocked you havent become a Redskins fan now that "your" team isnt getting your boy RG3. Those season tix you were counting on sure went in the crapter quick.

15. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Scott Mitchell, AJ Feeley, on and on. There's always some backup QB kicking around that shows flashes, gets way overhyped and nothing ever really comes of it.

16. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

No Kolb. No Flynn. Why would you pay that much for a player that sucked when he started or a player with 2 NFL starts? They'll draft somebody. Either trade back for Tannehill or draft Weeden.

17. 86WARD

86WARD -

The original...Rob Johnson.