Browns Trade QB Brady Quinn To The Broncos

Discussion in 'Cleveland Browns' started by BigBlueBruiser, Mar 14, 2010.

1. The Cleveland Browns have traded former starting quarterback Brady Quinn to the Denver Broncos, FOXSports.com has learned. In return, the Browns will receive running back Peyton Hillis and two conditional draft picks. The move comes one day after the Browns signed free agent QB Jake Delhomme to a two-year deal and less than a week after the team traded for Seneca Wallace.

Source: FOXSports.com

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2010
  2. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

by a minute. :icon_cheesygrin:

WOW. I think the Browns are the obvious winners here. Quinn is not better than Orton. Hillis is a good runner if he can stay healthy. Cleveland is officially cleansed of its anderson-quinn dilemma duo.

talk about cleaning house.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2010
  3. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Really? Quinn suffered from a crapty environment/situation rather than being just horsecrap. I think the Broncos win here, they get a potential franchise QB for a backup FB and 2011/2012 late rounders.

4. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Ugh...Quinn in the AFC West...

5. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Quinn ran that system in College, he know's it inside and out

Orton is a nice scab QB for anytime, but he is limited and wont be able to challenge teams downfield. Quinn will

I wouldnt be shocked if Quinn is starting by week 5

6. If I didn't have to step out for a few, it would've been alot sooner. :icon_wink:

7. pctrips

pctrips Pro Bowler

I still think Quinn sucks balls so I support this move.

8. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

I really hope I'm wrong, but Quinn could do well in Denver. Not banging on all my Cleveland friends, but what a hecked up mess on Lake Erie that was. Peyton Manning would have failed. I'll ride the fence and say it's a good deal for both. Fresh start for Cleveland (although I don't get Delhomme taking over) and a chance for Quinn to flourish.

9. Lord_Joe

Lord_Joe Smiley Bugger

Brady Quinn has the potential to be awesome.

10. McDaniels gets his Tom Brady.

Orton will hold the fort while Quinn digests the system and learns from the bench. It would really help Quinn though if they kept Marshall, but thats not going to happen. But in time, Quinn could thrive in Denver if they build around him.

11. Jihad Joe

Quinn pretty much already knows they system, other than the kinks McDanials made to it when he took over for Weis

Its pretty the system he ran at ND

12. Thats true JJ.

Quinn may even start on opening day, if the Broncos brass decides to have a QB battle in camp.

13. According to Adam Schefter, the feeling was mutual for Quinn wanting out of Cleveland as much as the Browns brass did.

Not exactly a shocker.

Adam Schefter: Twitter.com

14. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Let's look at the Browns First Round Picks since 2004.

2009 1st Round 21st Overall C Alex Mack
    2007 1st Round 3rd Overall OT Joe Thomas
    2007 1st Round 22nd Overall QB Brady Quinn (Traded 2008 First Round pick for this pick)
    2006 1st Round 13th Overall OLB Kamerion Wimbley
    2005 1st Round 3rd Overall WR Braylon Edwards
    2004 1st Round 6th Overall TE Kellen Winslow

Essentially 5 First round picks down the toilet over a span of the past 6 drafts. Simply pathetic and unexplainable. It's understandable that the new regime wants to draft their own players but they have done with these high first round picks is unheard of in this era.

15. Jihad Joe

I dont know if will be a competition. Orton had a pretty solid year. But if Orton went down, he may not get his job back

They could be ballsy and trade Orton, and with the guy that moved Cutler only month's after getting the job, I wouldnt put it past him

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

It actually got better lol

Since they came back in 1999

1999- Tim Couch (1st overall)

2000- Courtney Brown (1st overall)

2001- Gerard Warren (3rd overall)

2002- Williams Green (16.......how do you heck up a HB pick)

2003- Jeff Faine (21........how do you heck up a Center pick)

16. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Not really. JJ... They gave these guys all away for nothing and Wimbley, Edwards, Winslow could start on all 32 teams in the NFL.

17. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

Arent Orton and Quinn pretty much the same guy skill set wise? If anybody could get the best out of Quinn i guess it would be Mcdaniels though.

18. Jihad Joe

I missread your point

I see what you are saying.

I was just speaking about their drafting in general

However, its plain to see that that franchise has been plauged by crap poor management since they re-entered the league.

19. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

Yeah thats pretty awful lol

20. Jihad Joe

Quinn is a much better verticle pass than Orton, and gets more behind his mid range throws. "Skill" wise Quinn is better. However Orton is much more exprienced and unlke Quinn has had a degree of sucess in the NFL