Browns WR Donte Stallworth To Serve 30 Days In Jail

Discussion in 'Cleveland Browns' started by MediaGuy, Jun 16, 2009.

1. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

Cleveland Browns wide receiver Donte' Stallworth today received a 30-day jail sentence after pleading guilty to DUI manslaughter in a Miami courtroom. According to the report, the plea deal calls for Stallworth to also serve 10 years of probation and do 1,000 community service hours. Stallworth had faced four to 15 years in prison.

Source: Cleveland Plain Dealer

2. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

Lucky muthahecker!

3. smeags

smeags militant geek

total bullcrap.

4. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Thats pretty awesome lol. Hes got a damn good lawyer. Killing someone while drinking and driving and only 30 days.

5. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

How awesome is it to the family of the man that was killed?

6. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

If he had ran over a pitbull he would have got 20 months :icon_rolleyes:

Welcome to the Leonard Little club.

7. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Michael Vick killed a few stinking dogs, and lost everything. And I mean EVERYTHING!!!

These guys kill people, and get away with it. I think it's total bullcrap.

8. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

stallworth raked out the $$$$ no doubt. he got off lucky as a snitch. I hope all the dog loving motherheckers that got Vick's life took away feel freaking stupid considering this dude killed another human being and is being spanked on the bottom.

9. smeags

smeags militant geek

rep for both of you

10. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

30 days in jail, thats it? What a freaking joke!

11. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Wow...just...wow...

12. cane666

cane666 Special Teamer

damm thought oj's lawyer was dead

13. Flacco2MasonTD

Flacco2MasonTD ಠ_ಠ

Didn't I say he'd get less than Mike Vick in a prior story? Sure I did - in any event this is total bullcrap and a case study in unfair punishment, maybe Goodell will step in a lower the boom on him after this.

14. BostonsFinest

BostonsFinest Get Mossed!

This is a f***ing joke, right? It has to be.

15. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

16. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Why is anyone here so surprised? This is just another case of a professional athlete given preferential treatment because of what he does for a living. If one of us here had done what Stallworth did, would we have gotten just 30 days in jail? I don't think so.

17. smeags

smeags militant geek

ragman - for most of us the issue isnt so much about stallworth only getting 30days - i mean that is bullcrap but most of us are pissed because apparently killing people is now less of an offense than killing dogs. both disgustings acts no doubt but -----

people >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> dogs

18. 86WARD

86WARD -

QFT! Such a joke!

QF More T!

QF EVEN More T!!!

19. 86WARD

86WARD -

I agree smeagle. It's not even comparable...

I can respect people who value a dogs life...but come on...a dog's life (even multiple dogs) aren't comparable to a human life. Not even remotely close...

Plaxico Burress will probably get 30 days for shooting himself...lol...and he didn't even die...

WTF...

20. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I am stunned by some of the reactions here that think this is a statement of human lives being less valuable than those of dogs. Clearly there is no understanding of all the offenses Vick was convicted of. He did so much more than kill dogs. He basically led an organized crime syndicate and also lied. There is zero comparison of the two cases. None.

As far as Stallworth goes, the Reyes' got paaaaaid to agree to this plea bargain.