Browns WR-KR Josh Cribbs Says "It's Over" In Cleveland

Discussion in 'Cleveland Browns' started by ravenfan52, Jan 7, 2010.

1. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

Browns Pro Bowl all-purpose star Josh Cribbs cleaned out his locker in Berea today, said his good-byes and told The Plain Dealer he feels like he's played his last down of football for the Cleveland Browns. "I said good-bye to some people on the medical staff, some of the equipment guys and the coaches,'' he said. "I wished the coaches luck and told them I hoped they kept their job. But it absolutely felt like the last time I'd be setting foot inside the building. I feel like it's over for me in Cleveland.'' Cribbs said the Browns' $1.4 million a year offer feels "like I've been betrayed and stabbed in the back. I'm not just insulted by the number, but by the fact they consider me just a kick returner. I'm so much more than that.'' Cribbs said based on the "take it or leave it offer'' he's not at all optimistic about being back and that he'll most likely demand a trade in the near future. "There's no way I'll play another down for the Browns without the new contract,'' he said. "They won't let me sit, because I have value. They'd be forced to trade me.'' Cribbs said "I'm shocked they make me an offer like that after all I've done for this team. They told me to be the good soldier and prove it on the field and I did that. I can't be told to wait again. I just don't see it happening now.''

Source: Cleveland Plain Dealer

2. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

I wonder how long it takes before he comes back once the fines start.

3. cane666

cane666 Special Teamer

as soon as they lose crennels contract to the bills they will cut him a check
    if they want any free agents to come here next year
    first power strugle for new coach

4. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

I suppose he has to act tough and like he was totally disrespected, but this is all bullcrap because the Browns literally hold ALL of the cards in this hand. He has NO leverage.

As I said before, they will offer him more money but not as much as he feels he deserves, and he will sign.

5. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

I'd take him here in Dallas but I wouldn't give him more than 4 Milion a year. This situation right here is all about the money obviously.

6. brakos82

brakos82 30% more cats than last year!

Yeah, and I doubt he gets as much as he wants.

Unless Al Davis calls him, of course. :think:

7. marty264

marty264 Team Veteran

Stay out of the NFC North, please. We have enough trouble beating the Lions sometimes, without a wildcard like Cribbs.

8. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Fans refugee

He wants $2.5-3 Mil. I don't think it's that unreasonable.

9. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

so whats he gonna do if they dont pay him sit for three yeras..........isnt that what he still has left on the contract

10. The Mullet

The Mullet Reptile Guru

I agree that he is worth more than that to the Browns, but I don't know how much more he is worth to other teams

11. hermhater

hermhater Guest

This is a tough one.

12. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

:this: (so long as Holmgren/Browns have the balls to hold him to the contract that he signed)

13. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

I think the Steelers would pay him 3 million to not play against them. He always seemed to kill the Steelers.

14. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

Does anybody believe this is a final offer? At the point that Dawn Aponte supposedly made this offer, it wasn't clear if she would even have a job the next day. Stupid timing to go public with it if that's gonna be their strategy. Makes his agents seem kind of bush league.