Buccaneers Ink TE Kellen Winslow, 6 Years $36.1M

Discussion in 'Tampa Bay Buccaneers' started by MediaGuy, Apr 6, 2009.

1. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have signed tight end Kellen Winslow to a new, six-year, $36.1 million contract that carries a maximum value of $42.1 million if incentive clauses are achieved, according to a league source. Per Mike Florio, Winslow is due a $5.17 million base salary in 2009 that is fully guaranteed for skill, injury and salary cap. In 2010, Winslow is due a $6.725 million base salary that is guaranteed for skill and injury, but not for the salary cap.

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

2. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Good move make him happy and keep his mouth shut....

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

$20M guaranteed??? WTF...

4. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

:laughy32::laughy32::laughy32::laughy32::laughy32::laughy32::laughy32::laughy32::laughy32:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gmmUAqE7nQ]YouTube - Scrubs mistake opera singer "My New Coat"[/ame]

5. chiefswin19games

chiefswin19games Don't be defeated.

What an outstanding move by the Bucs. Lock him in long term and guarantee the success of your offense for years to come. I mean getting rid of problem players like Derrick Brooks and bringing in this guy shows management really knows what they're doing there.

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

lol...if he gets hurt in the very first game...he's guaranteed $20M...bum knees and all...

7. lionheart?

lionheart? StafFORD=Franchise

WOW! soldiers are expensive.

8. chiefswin19games

chiefswin19games Don't be defeated.

He's a soldga in a WAR!

9. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

When the duct tape and band-aids break on his knees he is toast. Good luck with that Bucs.

10. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

i figured they would have to sign him long-term. you don't give up as much as the bucs gave up if you don't plan on a guy being with you for a long time.

11. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

he's going to take that degenerative knee condition and laugh all the way to the bank wiht the guaranteed 20 mill