Buccaneers QB Byron Leftwich Not Surprised He Was Benched

Discussion in 'Tampa Bay Buccaneers' started by WC Jerome, Oct 1, 2009.

1. WC Jerome

WC Jerome The poster formerly known as 'MK'!!

Seven years ago, the Jacksonville Jaguars were 0-3 under their veteran starter and they turned to a young quarterback. It was Byron Leftwich. That's why the Bucs' 29-year-old veteran was not surprised about his benching in favor of 23-year-old quarterback Josh Johnson. "(Mark) Brunell was there. It wasn't anything that Brunell did wrong. It's just that we were 0-3,'' Leftwich said. "And by the fourth game of the season, they put me in. It was the exact same scenario. So I would be naive to sit up here and be so mad and act like I don't know how this thing works. I understand how it works. I tried my best, went out there and played, gave it all I had, it wasn't good enough. Now it's time to let the young guys in and let those guys run with it. My job is going to be to help those guys out. The funny thing is that it's identical to me seven years ago. Seven years ago probably to the day I was in the reverse situation.''

Source: St. Petersburg Times

2. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

with the way he played vs us, had Bucs had a Defense, we'd of lost easily. Glad to see Byron respond this way though, he's right on the money. First time I've ever known him to sit on the bench, without being hurt tho... so that's a relief.

3. The Sith

The Sith 1st Stringer

he has the worst qb throwing motion his passes are always sailing above receivers.

4. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

this is one of those threads that aren't about that.

5. GJDMQYB

GJDMQYB Guest

He is the only man of color that i know that cant run.