Buccaneers QB Josh Johnson Fighting To Stay In The Mix

Discussion in 'Tampa Bay Buccaneers' started by falcon_91, Jun 14, 2009.

1. falcon_91

falcon_91 Pro Bowler

he wont be getting on the field at all though

2. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Quarterback Josh Johnson faces long odds making the Bucs' roster this season and he knows it. Luke McCown and Byron Leftwich are battling for the starting job and rookie first-round pick Josh Freeman is the quarterback of the future. But Johnson, the second-year pro from San Diego, won't allow himself to be counted out. "No, because I don't doubt my abilities," Johnson said. "It's just a matter of time before I can show them off in game situations. It's not frustrating. It makes me hungry. It makes you a better competitor when you know every snap counts. ...I've always been discounted. I was coming out of high school when I went to San Diego, a non-scholarship school. Then last year, they said he can't do it against the better competition and I went to the East-West game and was the MVP. I took a step back in the combine, and even when I didn't have an opportunity to get reps at all, I never lost confidence in myself. When you get on the field, you let your natural ability take over and that's what I intend to do."

Source:
    FOXSports.com