Buccaneers QB Luke McCown Insists Job Is His To Lose

Discussion in 'Tampa Bay Buccaneers' started by SRW, May 12, 2009.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Rick Stroud of the St. Petersburg Times reports Luke McCown says the Buccaneers' starting quarterback job is his to lose. "Absolutely,'' McCown said. "This has been a long time coming for me and I'm not letting anybody take it from me. And it's the first legitimate opportunity. Say what you want about getting three starts at the end of a season. But this is my first real opportunity to be the starter, to be the guy. And I look at it as mine and you're going to have to shoot me.'' McCown is among five quarterbacks under contract for the Bucs, a list that now includes first-round pick Josh Freeman and veteran Byron Leftwich.

Source: St. Petersburg Times

2. RichLikeWh0a

RichLikeWh0a Hermhater = Nemesis

lol. guess he better be wearing kevlar.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

I like the confidence...now just back it up...

4. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

5. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

I agree with him. It's his time to fish or cut bait.

6. Jeffgoodt

Jeffgoodt Team Veteran

Prediction: Loses it before preseason is over

7. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

and lose it he will

8. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

To who?

Plummer is the best QB they have

9. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

byron leftwich might not be great but holy heck hes better than luke freaking mccown lol

10. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

They are both pretty much scrubs. Mccown had a good run at the end of 2007. Leftwhich had one great game in Pittsburgh that made people forget about why Jacksonville didnt want him anymore

I'll take McCown right now. He'll be mediocre 16 games instead of bad to awful 8-10 games a year