Buccaneers Sign CB Darrelle Revis To 6-Year, $96M Deal, Send 1st & 4th Pick To Jets

Discussion in 'Tampa Bay Buccaneers' started by SRW, Apr 21, 2013.

1. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

well, that's assuming the player will continue to be a top player in the new system. we have seen, time after time, players that we 'think' are top players in one system move to another and become very average looking. football is a team sport and the appearance of individual success or failure is contingent upon so many variables going on around them.

and if someone wants to bring up "....but in man-to-man coverage, it doesn't matter which team he is on. either he's good at it or not", that is not entirely true either. no player is really 'on an island' 100% of the time. safeties are rolling over to assist on certain routes. linebackers are dropping back to assist on different routes. and the pressure of the front 7 will greatly affect the success or failure of secondary coverages.

i am very, very, very (3 very's seems to be the trend) skeptical that revis will be perceived to perform in tampa at anywhere near the level he was perceived to perform in the jets defense. it's different schemes and coverages and different pieces all around him. that's not to say he won't be 'good', which would still be a success for the Bucs, I just don't expect us to be calling Revis the best CB in the league in 2 years, as we are today.

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

Agree with most of this...the "red" however could be said about any player at anytime...

3. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

I hear ya. And I agree to an extent.

But I'm still taking the guy who was the best cornerback at the pro level for years over two crapshoot draft picks.