Can The Packers Win The NFC With That Running Game?

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers' started by SRW, Nov 9, 2007.

?

Can The Packers Win The NFC With No Running Game?

1. Yes

6 vote(s)
    85.7%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Can the Green Bay Packers win the NFC with that running game?
    You have to think that running game is going to hurt them come late in the year when NFL fields get messy...right? Can they win the NFC with a non-existant running game?

2. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

They will not get the running game magically going but.....if they have enough running game to make the defenses be honest then yes they can win the nfc. If you play a west coast style offense well enough then you can control the ball with short passing game as well as running it. With the defense that they have to keep them in games...I think they have a good shot. If it comes down to them and Dallas, I'd say the Pack has a good shot. biggest key isn't how little running they have it's how well Favre handles the ball and if they take advantage of opportunities the defense gives them.

3. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Yeah but what happens when Lambeau becomes a frigid mess? Even back in the Packers' renaissance of the mid to late 90's Favre had a running game he could lean on.

4. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

With Wynn as starter and Grant to back him up, our running game start to work. Now Wynn is on IR and Grant limited, we have lost our running game again. I hope Jackson will step up and we rely more on the screen passes.

5. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

Ahhhhhhh....but where would nfc championship be played right now? At Lambeau or at Dallas....if it's Pack vs Dallas I think it will end up in Dallas and they won't have to worry about that running game in sloppy Lambeau.

6. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

tbh, at this point, I don't think about the Championship game. It's still a long way to go....

7. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

Question was....can Pack win NFC?

8. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Smartass :icon_cheesygrin:

To win it, they had to make their way to it. If they do so, Hell yeah, they could!

9. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

All righty then!!!:icon_cheesygrin:

10. pitzj5971

pitzj5971 Starter

I think they will be able to win the NFC North even with a struggling running game. What the coaches need to do is keep running it and not shy away from it like they did in the Denver game (Granted Denver sucks against the run) and the KC game. I believe Grant will be able to take the job and do very well because he has shown he isnt afraid to pound in there like Jackson, Morency and Wynn who seemed to me afraid to run in there with force. The ZBS is for the backs that want to pound the ball, make one cut and pound your way through. I hope Grant does well and I believe he will when teh line decides to make adjustments to how they are blocking. I wont be suprised to see the Packers pick up a couple more Oline men in this next draft along with a TE, CB and RB (if Grant shows he cant take the load and no one else steps up.)

11. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Can they win the NFC, I freaking hope not...:scared: <looking out for Olly>

12. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Why should I bother about a fan of the 2nd worst team in the NFC? :icon_mrgreen:

13. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

i think they can. Brett Farve is the ageless wonder and will find a way

14. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Damn, that was just mean...something I'd expect from myself not you...:shock:

15. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

I learned from the best, ..............................YOU

16. steadypimpin

steadypimpin Still pimpin'

Only if they beat out the Lions. :icon_eek:

Who would have thought anyone would say that?

17. brakos82

brakos82 30% more cats than last year!

Kitna. :icon_mrgreen:

Mister Vesti... um.. Testing... uh,... Mr. Verday please pick up a green and yellow courtesy telephone please. :icon_mrgreen: