Can The Saints Get Back To The NFC Title Game?

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints' started by SRW, Nov 9, 2007.

?

Can The Saints Get Back To The NFC Championship Game?

1. Yes

6 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    45.5%
  1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Can the New Orleans Saints get back to the NFC title game?
    From 0-4 to one game out of first after 4 straight wins. Can the Saints regain their form from last year and make it to the NFC Championship again in the weak NFC?

2. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

Drew Brees needs to continue playing well. Brees has had 11 touchdown passes and 1 interception in the past 4 games for the Saints, which they have all won. During the first 4 games of the season, Brees had 9 interceptions and 1 touchdown pass, which they had all lost. If Brees does well, the Saints will most likely get back into the playoffs, although not the NFC title game though.

3. SRW

Yeah but what about that defense? The secondary isn't going to be bringing in anyone talented enough to make a difference anytime soon. That's what would scare me most as a Saints fan. The Cowboys and Giants could go pass happy on that sad coverage.

4. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

Playoffs yes....NFC Championship.....No

5. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

Yeah, their secondary isn't overly impressive. That is a pretty good concern for Saints fans, although they aren't facing the Giants or the Cowboys at all this year. They only have a few opponents left who have much of a passing game. From their remaining schedule, only one of the teams they have to face is in the Top 10 in passing yards at the moment, The Houston Texans. I think whether or not Brees continues to play well will determine if they can squeak into the playoffs.

6. SRW

That's why I think they make the playoffs and win the NFC South. The problem is going to be when they are in the playoffs they'll have to possibly deal with teams like the Seahawks, Packers, Giants and Cowboys who can chuck it. They'll have to go the long route this year in the playoffs since their bad start pretty much squashes any shot at a bye....that is unless everyone in the NFC has a major collapse.

7. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Can they? Yes. Will they? Probably not. It's not like there are many great teams in the NFC. There are quite a few teams that could end up squeezing in there.

8. SRW

So right now...if you were to do a mini-NFC Power Ranking....where would the Saints rate in the top 6 to make the playoffs?

9. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

I also agree on the notion that the Saints will not go far into the playoffs due to teams with a decent passing attack. I think they'll manage a Wild Card spot but they'll end up facing some pass happy team that'll bully the secondary, causing an end to their season.

10. DawkinsINT

5th or so...

1. Dallas
    2. GB
    3. TB
    4. NY
    5. NO
    6. Det

11. FSUViking

FSUViking BANNED

Tampa Bay is your 3rd best team in the NFC?

Hell yes New Orleans can get back to the NFCCG.

- How can the Giants pass all over them? Did they get a new QB? There's one Manning who can light up a team and his name aint Eli.

- Is Green Bay going to get a running game? No? Didn't think so. Let me know when a team ranked 32nd in rushing offense does something in January.

- Detroit has won 1 playoff game in 50 years. I don't think they're winning 2-3 in 2007 alone.

- Seattle is an average team in a horrible division.

12. DawkinsINT

It's about time someone gave me flack for that. I expected it sooner. :lol:

I wasn't sure how to rank them but their defense is as good or better than the teams I listed below them. Then I went by QB for defenses close to them. The NFC is a crap shoot.

I could totally see TB upsetting teams in the playoffs.