CB Jerraud Powers Future With Colts Up In The Air In Wake Of Injury

Discussion in 'Indianapolis Colts' started by Sweets, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Jerraud Powers’ last start for the Indianapolis Colts was Nov. 4 against Miami when he suffered a season-ending toe injury. Mike Chappell of the Indianapolis Star reports Powers who will be a free-agent at the end of the season may have played his last game for the Colts.

“Terrible time, but it is what it is,†he said of the injury. “At first I was worried a little bit because of the uncertainty part, but things will work out.

“I want to be here, especially with the special thing we’ve got going. I think they saw enough from (organized team activities) to know my leadership, how I can play, how I fit in.â€

Powers described the injury as a grade-3 turf toe. He needed surgery to reattach a torn ligament to his right big toe, and he expects to be fully recovered in January.

Early in the season, the Colts wanted Powers and Vontae Davis to develop as a reliable tandem at cornerback, Powers hopes that’s still the case.

“I think they’ve seen enough,†he said. “Hopefully I’ll be here. I want to be here. They know I want to be here. If not, that’s the nature of the business. But at the end of the day, I think I’ll be here.â€

Source: The Redzone