CBS NFL Analyst Boomer Esiason On Broncos QB Tim Tebow: "He Can't Play"

Discussion in 'Denver Broncos' started by BigBlueBruiser, Aug 24, 2011.

1. Tim Tebow says he's relying on his faith to help him succeed with the Denver Broncos. That's good, because CBS Sports analyst Boomer Esiason doesn't think he has a prayer of earning a starting quarterback job in the NFL. Esiason, an analyst for The NFL Today pregame show, dismissed the job prospects of the 2007 Heisman Trophy winner, whose stock is plummeting rapidly. From potential franchise quarterback, Tebow has dropped to third on the depth chart behind starting quarterback Kyle Orton and backup Brady Quinn. "He can't play. He can't throw," Esiason said at a CBS press event in New York on Tuesday. "I'm not here to insult him. The reality is he was a great college football player, maybe the greatest college football player of his time. But he's not an NFL quarterback right now. Just because he's God-fearing, and a great person off the field, and was a winner with the team that had the best athletes in college football, doesn't mean his game is going to translate to the NFL." Tebow's throwing mechanics are so poor, Esiason says, he wouldn't be surprised if the Broncos cut him loose. "What (former Broncos coach) Josh McDaniel saw in him God only knows. Maybe God does know — because the rest of us don't," Esiason said.

Source: USA Today

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2011
  2. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

:icon_rolleyes:

Next.....

3. cKlass

cKlass Rookie

I'm glad somebody had the balls to say that and not catfoot around.

4. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

What are you talking about cKlass? Everybody is jumping on the bash TT bandwagon.

5. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Not another Tebow thread :banghead:

I miss Brett Favre...

1 person likes this.
  6. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

lmao couldnt agree more

7. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

I'm getting there too TJ....

8. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Your pain is delicious

9. cKlass

cKlass Rookie

But they're all "politically correct" with their assessment. Boomer just let it rip. I've only heard few people go in like this.

10. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

As tired as I am of Tebow threads and stories, this one is great.

11. Stinger75

Stinger75 It's Showtime, Folks!

Someone said to convert him to RB, or to use him in wildcat/option type situations... I'll play D-coordinator every time he takes the field. 8 in the box, stay in your lanes and gang tackle. GAME OVER

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

11 total TDs ; 3 interceptions in 9 games played.

Just saying...

13. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

im starting to feel bad for tebow................................................................

naw just kidding hes still a totaly freaking tool
    he never had the arm to be an nfl qb

14. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

SO not having an NFL arm make someone a freaking tool???

I guess everyone on this board is a tool?

Wait.... don't answer that.

15. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

Just cut your losses now and make him a wildcat QB/H-Back. But at the same time how do you pay 1st round QB money for that? The cap hit that they eventually are gonna have to take is gonna really suck unless they decide to just pay an insane amount of money for a gadget player.

16. 86WARD

86WARD -

Or a "4th String QB.".

17. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

It doesn't end, does it? I think this is getting STUPID. Really stupid. Tebow isn't the best. But, these so called expert analysts, are ignorant. To say he can't throw, or play? That's insane. No. He may not be the best, and I never gave the guy too much credit. But he can play football. Should he be QB? Probably not. But like the stats show. 11TD. 3 Interceptions. He probably won't WIN you the games in the NFL, but he won't LOSE them, either. That's better than what most teams have starting right now.

18. 86WARD

86WARD -

It's so early on and people want to slam him without even giving him a shot. He got a chance to play last season and scored 11 TDs in 9 games. He's done some good things. Does he need to work on some things? Of course. But to write him off without giving him a chance is just silly...it's actually quite ignorant. Just because people have reservations about him, it's a little premature to slam him like Esiason did.

19. Thank you Boomer.

20. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

This.