CBS NFL Analyst Boomer Esiason On Broncos QB Tim Tebow: "He Can't Play"

Discussion in 'Denver Broncos' started by BigBlueBruiser, Aug 24, 2011.

1. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

All this proves is that only now have the media got the balls to say this.

Only one I've respect for is Merril Hoge because he was the first one in the media to break away from the butt kissing parade.

2. MadMoxxiFavGun

MadMoxxiFavGun Going Crazy

I wonder if tebow can play TE.

3. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

:lol: Yeah....

4. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I want to know why people keep saying "give him and shot" and all that. What kind of shot does he need? The job was basically his to lose coming into this season. The Broncos were set on trading Orton and going with Tebow. But Tebow blew it in practice. You want them to just hand the guy the starting job even though he doesn't give them the best chance to win? Just because he's Tim Tebow?

5. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

This, it would be one thing if he had a solid starting point but can you find me a worse 1st rd QB prospect ever? There's nothing tangible from a QB aspect that you can look and say "yea, i can build off that". I think Tebow is a great guy just not a NFL QB.

6. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

Do you really want to open that can of worms? Seriously, lol.

7. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

A minimum of 4 of those scores came when he was inserted in goal-line situations after Orton had done all the work to get them there. If you want to evaluate him as an actual quarterback and not a running back, that line looks more like 4 passing TD's, 3 INT's in 3 games where he did more than goalline stands.

Just saying...

8. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Tangible intangible its all bunch horse crap... How many times have the experts got it wrong...

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk.

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

QBs don't run? Bottom line is he accounted for 11 TDs in 9 games. Do you really care how he gets into the endzone? He accounted for 11 scores. So 3 games he went 4 TD, 3 INT. So for argument sense say he plays in 12 total games...16 TD and 12 INT. Horrible numbers? Not really...on par with Sanchez, Bradford, Hill in 2010.

I'm not saying this guy is or isn't a starter. All I'm saying in this case is Esiason is slamming Tebow and he really has no idea because Tebow really hasn't had a chance. All Tebow has done in the time he was on the field was score 11 TDs.

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

Emmitt Smith...too small.

11. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Again with the no chance thing. Did you see my previous post?

12. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

We all know Tebow would perform better in a game then training camp or practice, because he's just a gamer always has been. But if he's getting thoroughly outplayed by every quarterback on the roster in practice, then that's a problem. Broncos can't just turn a cold shoulder to that.

13. 86WARD

86WARD -

It was never Tebow's "job to lose." It may have been his to lose if Orton got traded but that never happened. I've said it 100 times that if the Broncos want to win now, Orton is the man.

Tebow had a "chance" last year. But lets be honest here, is 3 games a legitimate chance for a QB? Or any position in the NFL for that matter? Not really. And he played okay during his chance. Definitely better than Esiason is making him out to be. My point is, how can Esiason slam him like that when Tebow hasn't had the chance to play over a period of time? You can technically say he's had a chance and if you want to say that was his tryout, you can't slam him for what he did on the field because it wasnt horrible. A half season, really not a chance.

And I'm not a huge Tebow supporter/fan.

1 person likes this.