Central Michigan OT Eric Fisher Reportedly Front-Runner To Be No. 1 Pick

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by SRW, Apr 25, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

The Kansas City Chiefs appear to be leaning toward drafting Central Michigan's Eric Fisher with the No. 1 overall pick at tonight's NFL Draft, according to FOX Sports.

"Chiefs are still fielding calls about top pick but if they don't trade it, again, I believe Fisher will be the guy," Jay Glazer posted on Twitter.

Texas A&M tackle Luke Joeckel is widely believed to be Kansas City's other main option with the pick, but numerous reports say dealing out of the top spot remains an option for new coach Andy Reid.

Joeckel is considered by some as a safer pick than Fisher, who is Sporting News' top draft prospect with a slight edge in over Joeckel in upside and athleticism.

"I think this year, the offensive line position has some true prospects in it," Chiefs general manager John Dorsey told reporters. "Every draft has its own unique set of characteristics. Last year's draft had its own unique set of characteristics. This year's draft has its unique characteristics."

Source: Sporting News

2. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

yep, this story seems to be gaining a lot of footing. i wonder if some of this is from the fact that the chiefs feel they may keep albert after all. under that scenario, they would keep albert at LT and start fisher at RT, knowing that he would probably eventually become the LT of the future.

3. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

It's gonna be hard to trade down with no QBs and LTs being the BPA's and there is 3 Top 10 LTs

They'll need someone to really want Jordan or Floyd

Sent from my HTC Vivid

4. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

This could be the first time ever that the Chippewas have a top pick in the draft. Not bad for a small school.

5. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

I'm hearing the same thing on 105.3 The Fan, which does the Cowboys games that Fisher will be #1 .