Champ Bailey To Sign One-Day Contract, Retire With Broncos

Discussion in 'Denver Broncos' started by markaz, Nov 15, 2014.

1. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Champ Bailey will officially end his career in the Mile-High City.

Denver announced Friday that the veteran cornerback will sign a one-day contract to retire as a member of the Broncos, the team with which Bailey spent 10 of his 15 seasons. There will be a press conference Tuesday at 4 p.m. ET.

Bailey was one of the game's premier shutdown cornerbacks, being named to 12 Pro Bowls, seven All-Pro teams and the NFL 2000s All-Decade team during his storied career.

He latched on to the New Orleans Saints as a member of the practice squad earlier this year but was cut before the 2014 season started. Bailey's agent told NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport in October that the defensive back would hang up his cleats.

Bailey's legend will be forever memorialized at Sports Authority Field at Mile High and, very likely, the Hall of Fame when his name comes up for consideration.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...y-to-sign-oneday-contract-retire-with-broncos

2. markaz

Strange, but whenever I think of Champ Bailey I think of him as a Redskin.

3. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I totally think of him more as a Redskin as well.

4. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Thirded. He might have been in Denver the longest, but he made the biggest impression in Washington, IMO.

5. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

He was good during his prime. Lived on reputation the last few years he played.

6. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

It says something for both sides, many times.

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

I think of him as a Saint. In Washington, he did not leave on the best of terms which says something for both sides.

8. markaz

Said it 4x for both sides.

86WARD likes this.