Chargers Favored To Land In Los Angeles

Discussion in 'San Diego Chargers' started by Sweets, Sep 25, 2009.

1. Daddy Primetime42

Daddy Primetime42 TheNationWillRiseAgain

I thought they did I leave it up to you guys to correct me. But i did read it on the L.A. Times and they were one of the teams mentioned Irsay has threatened it before and it wouldnt be the first time they just take off.

2. hermhater

hermhater Guest

L.A. Times sucks then.

3. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Fans refugee

eh right now the Rams and Jags should be the top 2 candidates to move. Maybe the Vikings.

Honestly I don't think it'll be the Chargers because I think the NFL would like 2 So. Cal teams. So I'd imagine they'd like to keep the Chargers in So. Cal and move one of the smaller markets to LA.

Personally though I think San Antonio would be a more deserving city than LA, LA has shown they don't give a crap about their NFL teams.

4. hermhater

hermhater Guest

5. SweetShot03

SweetShot03 Fuck stupid people

Wow I never knew about all this stuff.... that teams might be moving locations or something. Like I said I am new and up until now wasnt to "ear to the railroad" about the football scene.

hopefully it can get resolved.

6. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

k, let's see

Jaguars ==> London
    Chargers ==> Mexico City
    Bills ==> Toronto
    Raiders ==> Iraq LA

Yes, Godell has big plans :icon_rolleyes:

7. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Fans refugee

eh I see it ultimately becoming an 17 or 18 game season with 8 home games for each team, then 1 or 2 on a neutral site (overseas or LA etc.). This way no one loses a home game but they're still pushing to expand the sport worldwide.

8. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

Again: Jacksonville's problem is not lack of interest, it's that they're in a town with a crapty economy. J'Ville is a huge place, but it's also really poor, people don't have the money to spend on season tickets. They'd really have to lower prices if they want some participation.

Trust me, a lot of people in Jacksonville would be absolutely devastated if/when they move.

Since Birmingham is funding a dome downtown I would say why not look into it if you're the NFL? It's a big football market, and the surrounding areas have wads of cash (downtown is broke, but Hoover, Vestavia and such are loaded.)