Charlie Weis To Leave Chiefs To Become Gators' Offensive Coordinator?

Discussion in 'Kansas City Chiefs' started by SRW, Dec 31, 2010.

1. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

The only way he'd leave, if he's not happy with Haley. If he likes his job, he's staying. The Chiefs have a great coaching staff, and GM, so you'd think he'd want to stay, unless he thinks Haley is an idiot:icon_cheesygrin:

2. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

i hope this all gets hashed out...i love what Weis has done the last half of the season. wasnt 2 proud of his calls in the first half. Weis...please dont leave.

3. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

If Weis leaves because of Haley, then maybe Chiefs fans will understand my disapproval for him.

4. Three7s

Three7s 1st Stringer

You mean how he gets at players and coaches like Bill Parcells did?

5. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

BBB, Chaz has been a helluva OC in the NFL that's all Coach Muschamp is asking of him (plus recruiting). Weis had really good recruiting years at ND. And giving the less strenuous academic standards for admission at UF rather the ND, Chaz will have his pick of QB's to choose from year in and out.

I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.....

6. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

No I mean him being to big headed to realize he is in over his. Weis did more for Cassel than Haley could ever do. And Haley just couldn't keep his hand out of the cookie jar with Weis turning the Chiefs offense into something that hasn't been for years. But hey if you want it to go back to how it was last season then more power to ya.

7. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

Last year everything was thrown 2gether...lots of injuries...a crappy O-line...many different starting WR's...i dont think if Weis leaves, that we would have the same offense last year.

With that said...if Weis stays...i feel we would make bigger leaps with him than without.

8. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

So, is this pure speculation or has anyone with knowledge of the ACTUAL situation said anything?

9. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

:this: I think mush nailed it with one other thought. Florida probably has a deeper pocket than the Chiefs and would be more than willing to 'over'pay Weis for the reason(s) mush stated.
    Being a season ticket holder of the AZ Cards and watching Haley on the sideline for years, there's probably substance to 'rumors' about Haley and Weis not being able to co-exist. Weis may be a strong-willed individual but he can't hold a candle to Haley if Haley thinks he's right.
    I just wonder if push came to shove if Pioli would give Haley his walking papers in preference of a Weis directed offense and the best QB tutor in the NFL. That friendship runs deep. Just sayin'.

10. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

Weis has had plenty of time to deny the rumor, but hasn't. Right there I believe there is substance to the report.

11. ok guys I've got some new info.

Weis has been fired by the Chiefs. Haley and Weis bashed heads all year. Weis wanted COMPLETE control of an offense.

reasons why he went back to the college game:

1. less stressful

2. his daughter (apparently his daughter has autism and it's tough on his family obviously and a chance to live in Fla. and relax and not spend as much time with football is important.

3. He wants to be a college HC again. (pure speculation on my part.)

12. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

Didn't Haley say he knew nothing about it? As a head coach you hire someone as an Offensive coach with the record of a Weis, you let him run the show and shut up, or take over the position yourself. Sounds like Haley is a control freak, that needs a yes man to rule over. That's not McDaniels either. I remember Josh jumping down Belichick's throat during a game, because he questioned a decision by McDaniels. Too bad for KC, because Weis is what they needed.

13. 86WARD

86WARD -

Why it could happen...

[​IMG]

14. 86WARD

86WARD -

[​IMG]

15. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

link to this? I've looked at ESPN and NFL.com and I don't see anything about him being fired.

16. not official but has been reported by Mortensen. Plus if you put everything together it makes sense.

17. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Mortensen is a moron.

18. 86WARD

86WARD -

It doesn't make sense as far as the Chiefs go. Why would they fire him entering into the playoffs? I could understand if they said we are parting ways at the end of the season at this time before Week 17. But they have a playoff run about to begin...why do it now?

19. 86WARD

86WARD -

QFT!

20. based on what? btw he isn't the only one to report it.