Chiefs Coach Romeo Crennel Won't Name A Starting QB For Week 11 Yet

Discussion in 'Kansas City Chiefs' started by SRW, Nov 13, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Kansas City coach Romeo Crennel would not commit to a starting quarterback for Sunday’s game against Cincinnati.

However, it seems like Brady Quinn may get the chance to play again. Quinn told reporters Monday night he has been cleared after missing two games with a concussion. However, Crennel said Quinn hasn’t been officially cleared.

“I think Brady [Quinn] said that he is ready to go, and I’m sure he is excited about the possibility, but at this point he is not officially cleared,†Crennel told reporters Tuesday. “So, I can’t make a determination until I can find out exactly what the prognosis is for him. So, that’s what I’ll do. I’ll find out and then we’ll go from there.â€

When he named Quinn the starting quarterback over Matt Cassel a few weeks ago, Crennel said Quinn would be the starter for the long haul and he didn’t want Quinn looking over his shoulder.

Source: ESPN.com

2. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Won't even give Stanzi a look. Starting Quinn is a signal the Chiefs want the choice of Barkley or Smith. Or maybe they'll trade away the No. 1 and get a bunch of picks from which they can choose more defensive linemen who are great in college but sick in the NFL. Who knows what those idiots in the front office want to do. They certainly don't.