Chiefs Coach Todd Haley Praises Raiders QB

Discussion in 'Kansas City Chiefs' started by Stinger75, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Stinger75

Stinger75 It's Showtime, Folks!

When asked about the Raiders QB JaMarcus Russell, Chiefs Coach Todd Haley said "I think this young quarterback at least from what I've seen this year is much improved. He's a big, strong, athletic guy who can run and can hurt you in a bunch of ways. He has an extremely strong arm and he can be very accurate. I think he showed some of that last night. He's a hard sack, even if you get to him it's not going to be easy to get him down because he is so big and strong. I think he is the complete package and with a year under his belt I think you'll see him get better and better."

Source: Arrowhead Pride

2. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

HAHAHAHA .......... not exactly a ringing endorsement ........... "he can be very accurate"

well, no crap, any qb 'can' be accurate from time to time. hell, the 9-year old qb from my boy's youth team 'can' be very accurate from time to time. the difference between Tom Brady and Jamarcus Russell though is that Brady is accurate 95% of the time and Jamarcus is accurate 60% of the time. Very rarely will you see a Brady pass miss his receiver by 5 or 10 yards. With Jamarcus, though, you will see it several times each game and those errors kill drives and prevent his team from winning.

3. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

Their success is directly tied to his progression, they have the running game, their defense is pretty good, really good tight end and they have explosive but inexperienced WR's. Bottom line is Russell should be further along then he is a this point but he still has time.

4. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

you are right cstevenson, they are very close to breaking through at many positions. I just see the qb position holding this team back until a change is made but that's just my opinion. I suppose something magical could happen and he can become more consistently accurate. It's just not something that typically happens with qb's. either you're accurate or you're not.

1 person likes this.
  5. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

Way to go Haley...try that reverse psychology stuff...:icon_cool:

6. Three7s

Three7s 1st Stringer

He's just being nice. Can't just blast away at a guy being blatantly bad when asked about him during a press conference.

7. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

his machinics are still off. once he get that down he will be a threat. Thank goodness they dont have a good coach for that.

8. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Haley didn't say crap. He said what he was suppose to say.