Chiefs Want OT Branden Albert To Be More Consistent

Discussion in 'Kansas City Chiefs' started by SRW, Oct 3, 2009.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Todd Haley hasn’t shown much patience with underperforming players, as he’s demonstrated repeatedly since becoming the Chiefs’ head coach. But Haley has revealed uncharacteristic restraint with left tackle Branden Albert, who is off to a rough start to his season. “He can be a very good starting left tackle,â€￾ Haley said. “Right now he’s inconsistent. He needs to show that he can show up week in and week out against all levels of competition and be ready to play and bring the same game.â€￾

Source: Kansas City Star

2. pctrips

pctrips Pro Bowler

He's regressed this year and it's disturbing for sure. This one has to go on the coaching staff.

3. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

I think he just needs a little time to get back to knowing how to play. A year of film shows his weakness to the other team. That and he could use help along the whole line. I think Albert will start to put it together unless Haley blows a gasket and starts trying to make an example of him.

4. pctrips

pctrips Pro Bowler

I hope that's it, but honestly I'm concerned with Haley and him forcing the team to shed weight. He brags about how the team lost over 800 pounds in camp. I just don't think the guys on the line need to do that. I'm not sure how much Albert lost, but it concerns me.

5. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Yeah, that.

6. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

His 3 penalties in that one game had me ready to strangle him....the whole offense is shooting theirselves in the foot with their penalties.

7. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

I just think that Haley's system is more complex than what Herm's was. and Herms system was a whole lot easier. I think he'll get there.

8. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Herm had an offensive system?

:billcat:

9. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

I hope he works out well, I sure wish he was still with UVA :p

10. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I'm glad he's here, and I hope it works out too Platoon.

If he doesn't, I'm blaming you and Mike!

:rant:

11. Three7s

Three7s 1st Stringer

Yeah, he did, that is if you call holding tea parties at half-time an offensive system.

12. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

damn i wish he was a steeler

13. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

truth. he and the rest of the o-line are all messed up right now trying to learn a new system. this is the coaches failing to get the system implemented properly.