Chuck Pagano Says Colts DE's Dwight Freeney, Robert Mathis In Team's Plans

Discussion in 'Indianapolis Colts' started by SRW, Feb 25, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Colts coach Chuck Pagano didn’t have anything new to say about Peyton Manning, but the team’s defensive bookends are a different story. Pagano gave the most vivid hint yet that the team hopes to keep Dwight Freeney and free-agent-to-be Robert Mathis as the pivotal pieces of the defense, even with a switch from a 4-3 scheme to a 3-4. "Without talking about numbers, I know those guys have been game wreckers for a long time," Pagano said. "Offenses have to account for both of those guys. First and foremost, we’re going to make sure we put both of those guys in position to make plays. I don’t think it would be very smart on my part or anyone else’s part to not make sure that doesn’t happen. Both of those guys are great players and have been great players here for a long time. Those guys are Colts through and through. We fully expect to have them here as long as we can." Mathis is among several free agents for the Colts, including wide receivers Reggie Wayne and Pierre Garcon and center Jeff Saturday.

Source: Boston Herald

2. dpn

dpn 18to44

I would hope so!