Clinton Portis Is Changing His Number.

Discussion in 'Washington Redskins' started by BroncoBJ, Nov 27, 2007.

1. BroncoBJ

BroncoBJ JayCutler4MVP!!!

I heard that Portis is changing his number to 21 in memory of his friend. I have yet to see a link on it but its been reported on some sites.

Great Gesture by CP :icon_cool:

2. RedskinsNo.1

RedskinsNo.1 R.I.P Sean Taylor

If this is true it really is a great gesture

3. krfire

krfire Team Veteran

Classy.

4. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

i think they would retire his number to honor him rather than letting someone else have it. portis is doing it to honor his best friend, but it should be up to his family what happens with it

5. FinFan_23

FinFan_23 Team Veteran

I agree.

6. BroncoBJ

Yea I read about it on a Broncos site.
    Then I went to Hogs.net and someone reported that someone on comcast or whatever said he was going to do that.

I hope its true. Classy move.
    And I think the family would like to see Portis wear it since he is close with them.

7. Underground Dyer

Underground Dyer Chicago Bears Know-It-All

They were teammates at University of Miami so they go back further than just their time in Washington together. I think it's great that he is doing this, but I think he should only do it for the game this week, then hang his jersey up in tribute, never to be worn again.

8. skinsfan1

skinsfan1 BANNED

It's cool to let clinton wear it, then at the end of the season retire it. I think people would burn redskin park to the ground if they let just anyone off the street wear it.

9. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

I agree that they should let him wear it but only for a game or until the end of season. Class move to honor a friend by Portis but I am sure the Redskins and other team mates want to honor him also.

10. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

The team will have a patch on their jersey and a 21 on their helmets. Dan Snyder said every team will have a 21 on their helmets though Im not positive he meant every team of just his team.

I think the gesture is quality and I think the Skins will eventually retire the number in someway.

11. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I agree that it should just be one game or for the rest of the season. Great gesture though.

12. eaglesrule4ever

eaglesrule4ever Pro Bowler

I think for one game only if he is allowed to change his number it shows how much respect he had for sean taylor.

13. HailttRedskins

HailttRedskins I Still Say Redskins

Yeah, it's going to happen, I think he's changing it for the rest of the year, but I know it's a definite for Sunday.

14. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

Thats awesome.

15. joemontana25

joemontana25 Rookie

I'm not a big fan of Portis. but it would be a really smart thing to do

16. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

great move on portis part

17. steadypimpin

steadypimpin Still pimpin'

I dont think they will retire it. Maybe put something up in the stadium with his mention, but they wont retire it IMO. I think it would be a great thing if Portis changed it until he retires. It would be a perfect tribute.

18. BroncoBJ

Now I heard he isn't going to wear his number :(

I really wanted him to as well but he said he wouldn't feel right wearing it.

19. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

How about they all wear #21 for the Bills game? The Cameroon Soccer Team did it in the Confederations Cup when Foe passed away.

20. skinsfan1

skinsfan1 BANNED

Yeah I read he went on a radio show and said he wasn't going to wear it. That sucks.