Colts Add Army Officer LB Josh McNary To Roster

Discussion in 'Indianapolis Colts' started by Sweets, Jul 31, 2013.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Colts linebacker Josh McNary finished his Army career in 2010 as the school’s all-time sacks leader (29) and tackles for loss (49). He was commissioned as a lieutenant, and officially discharged earlier this week.

After passing his physical Tuesday morning, McNary was moved from the reserve/military list to the active roster and joined his teammates on the field for the first time since being signed as a free agent April 11, Mike Chappell of the Indianapolis Star reports. To make room on the 90-player roster for McNary, the Colts placed nose tackle Brandon McKinney on injured reserve.

“(Coach Chuck Pagano) had me introduce myself (to the team),†McNary said. “I told the team pretty much where I’ve been for the past two years, where I’ve been the past couple of months. After all that was said and done, (Pagano) made the parallel between the Army and that team, and the team that we have here.

“The fact that you kind of put this game into perspective, he called it a ‘child’s game.’ He said that basically there’s traits to be adopted and that team, in terms of everybody taking personal accountability and people being accountable for what they are supposed to be doing. It was pretty good. It was inspiring.â€

“In regards to playing (again), it didn’t really catch up to me until I got out here because before I was just focused on taking it a day at a time and doing what I can at that point,†McNary said. “I just knew the process as far as getting me out of the Army and everything wasn’t going to happen in a day. It definitely kept me preoccupied. I had enough to worry about down there. That’s what probably kept me from getting too anxious.â€

Source: The Redzone

2. JEMicklos

JEMicklos Captain

Rooting for this guy