Colts Coach Tom Moore May Also Retire Due To Pension Plan

Discussion in 'Indianapolis Colts' started by MediaGuy, May 6, 2009.

1. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

Confusion and mistrust over changes in the league's pension program is wreaking havoc with some NFL teams' coaching staffs, including the pending retirement of Indianapolis Colts offensive coordinator Tom Moore and offensive line coach Howard Mudd, according to Larry Kennan, executive director of the NFL Coaches Association. Kennan confirmed that Mudd has "already filed his retirement papers" and added that he believes Moore is "just about there." "What a travesty it would be that two of the most successful coaches in the history of this league feel compelled to retire because of the owners' greed and the state of confusion by recent changes in the pension plan," said Kennan. "And let me tell you something: They don't want to bail on the Colts but they just may feel like they have no other choice." Mudd has coached 35 consecutive seasons in the NFL and Moore has been an assistant for 32 years.

Source: ESPN.com

2. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

huh? i'm not sure what the 'confusion' about a new plan is that would encourage moore and mudd to retire immediately??? Maybe if they don't retire immediately, they would lose a bunch of their pension money i guess ????

3. theeraser21

theeraser21 u r a slapdick

I am ok with Moore, but I am pissed about Mudd retireing. I like Clyde Christensen move him to OC.