Colts DT Ed Johnson Greatful For A Second Chance

Discussion in 'Indianapolis Colts' started by SRW, May 27, 2009.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Colts defensive tackle Ed Johnson, who started 16 games as an undrafted rookie in 2007 before being released following an off-field incident last September, said on Tuesday he has learned his lesson and he said he's ready to move forward. I'm very grateful, Johnson said Tuesday morning as the Colts continued their 2009 organized team activities at the Indiana Farm Bureau Football Center. I'm just happy to have another chance and happy to be back. I'm just feeling truly blessed right now. Head coach Jim Caldwell said Johnson deserved another opportunity. Ed is a guy who I think has a big heart, Caldwell said, who coached under Head Coach Joe Paterno at Penn State, where Johnson played collegiately. He loves this team. He certainly loves the guys he plays with. He's thankful to be back, to have an opportunity to be back. I certainly do sense the remorse, and the biggest thing is he has to look from this point forward and continue to press on, which he's doing and do the things that are going to make him better in all areas of his life.

Source: Colts.com