Colts Have No Issues With Peyton Manning's Comments

Discussion in 'Indianapolis Colts' started by SRW, Jun 10, 2009.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Now that the Indianapolis Colts' controversy involving veteran assistant coaches Tom Moore and Howard Mudd has been settled with both retirees set to return as consultants by training camp, Colts owner Jim Irsay said he had no problem with quarterback Peyton Manning griping about the perplexing situation. "Peyton doesn't like uncertainty, no one does," Irsay said. "But sometimes that's all you can communicate. I've got no problems with people being feisty to win. If someone wants to stir the pot, let them stir the pot. . . . When it's done, it's time for him to focus on being an NFL quarterback. But I think the bottom line is that whenever you get some feisty comments like that, it's good because it means they're hungry, they want to win. . . . Peyton is a fiery guy and he wants to win as much as I do. But we are all on the same page now, and, he, like everyone else, has been frustrated with this rollercoaster."

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

I didn't take Peyton's original comments as "griping." The media's always looking for some sort of angle to blow up some drama...

Peyton's the ultimate professional...give it a rest...

3. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

He has been the "Coach on the field". Why would you say something against him? You ask me, if he doesnt like a player. Im sure the Colts wouldnt hesitate 2 get rid of them if Peyton had a say so.