Colts QB Jim Sorgi Expected To Keep His Backup Job

Discussion in 'Indianapolis Colts' started by SoDev, Jul 10, 2009.

1. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

Jim Sorgi, the Indianapolis Colts' top backup quarterback since 2004, has had that status questioned in some circles, particularly since the team drafted Curtis Painter in the sixth round of the 2009 NFL Draft. For now, no questions are necessary. Said Sorgi: "All in all, my playing time here, I think I've played pretty well. . . . For the most part, I feel like I'm getting better. . . I'm getting better at controlling everything and putting us in the right situation and the right play at the right time, and just taking more of a leadership role when I'm out there. Most people get the chance to get better playing making mistakes on the field and playing. In this organization (as a backup), you have to get better through different aspects of the game. You have to get better through practice and you have to get better through watching film. When you get that chance to play, you might not get another one."

Source: Examiner.com

2. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

Makes sense, even drafting Painter, he wouldn't be ready for at least a year or two.

3. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

This is what I have for Jim Sorgi. :2up:

4. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

Jim Sorgi: The greatest career back-up of all-time.

5. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

i dont know...there have been some great bench warmers out there