Colts QB Peyton Manning May Demand Trade If Team Drafts Andrew Luck

Discussion in 'Indianapolis Colts' started by SRW, Dec 10, 2011.

1. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

I wouldnt be surprised but if they do draft Luck im sure he will play backup behind Manning for a few years untill manning's career is over and he will take the QB duties over

2. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

At the very least yes, I'm thinking more like 4-5.

3. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

I don't think he has that much time left, he's getting older and his body is breaking down a bit, if he comes back from this injury I don't think he'll be the same QB and after a year or 2 I think he'll get injured again and just call it quits.

4. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

Lots of quarterbacks play into their 40's. And none of them had the talent Peyton has. They say that the first thing to go is the legs for the qb. Well Peyton never had strong legs for running but they are strong enough to pbutt. Hell, didn't Steve Deberg play till he was 41 or 42? And Vinnie Testicleverde was 40. And they did decent for what they had.If his neck heals and he doesn't re-injure it he has 4 or 5 high level years left. But you got to think of it like this, how many times do you get the chance to draft someone who is rated that high. Draft Luck, let him sit and go with Manning for the next 3 years and then make the transition to Luck. Meanwhile draft defense for the next couple of years cause I don't think Luck will be able to cover up that weak defense like Manning does. But you have to address the position soon and I don't really see any freshman qb that is wowing folks like Luck did. If Indy doesn't want a full rebuilding disaster they should draft Luck. I doubt Manning would ask for a trade. Hell, everyone knows he would be the starter.

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

Buck, you and I are sharing a brain.

I'm just concerned that Manning's neck may not let him return...

6. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

then you move on. harsh as it seems. I doubt his neck will be right anymore. he really should think about retirement.

7. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Give Manning an actual offensive line, then yeah I can see him producing for 5 more years.

8. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

I just fail to see how Luck is a can't miss and would threaten Manning as starting QB. Luck may have proclaimed himself as NFL ready, but he has no concept of the speed at which the game is played in the NFL and a few years behind Manning would be the greatest education he could get.

As already mentioned, Indy's got to retool the O-Line and the defense. Neither Manning or Luck could survive in its current status and that's the only reason I see Manning wanting out. Crapty players and a craptier Head Coach.

9. smeags

smeags militant geek

put a real qb like peyton on the eagles along with a better head coach and the sky is the limit.