Colts QB Peyton Manning Not Surprised By Reaction To Loss

Discussion in 'Indianapolis Colts' started by SRW, Jan 1, 2010.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Colts quarterback Peyton Manning said that he isn't surprised by the reaction of the team's fans and media by what transpired in the second half of the Jets game. But he added that he hasn't gotten caught up in all the post-game commentary. "I guess I really haven't gotten into it. I haven't really participated in it. We came in Monday and watched the film of the game and (I've) been home since. Like I said, at this point, we're really just in the moving forward phase of trying to be better for it. I'll admit it was not a pleasant experience on Sunday, but I truly feel our team can be better for it, can come together, can play with a little bit of an edge, a chip, if you will," Manning said. "If (the loss to the Jets) may have caused it, that can be a positive for us, but I do think we have to move forward. ... We've had a lot of positives go our way this season, and we haven't had a lot of tough Mondays, Tuesdays or Wednesdays. This has probably been a more difficult couple of days, but I think it's all about how you respond to it. I think our team will respond in the right way, in moving forward and channeling any type of frustration in the right direction, as far as making us a better team."

Source:
    USA Today

2. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

fixed.

3. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

We went for it, Colts didn't. There was a sense of pride involved, and ALL of our players wanted the chance to achieve something that seldom happens in the NFL. We could take Sunday off with Houston, but it won't happen. We just don't like losing to anyone.