Colts QB Peyton Manning Wins His 4th NFL MVP Award

Discussion in 'Indianapolis Colts' started by SRW, Jan 9, 2010.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Indianapolis Colts quarterback Peyton Manning added to his growing and historic resume today by claiming a record-setting fourth NFL Most Valuable Player Award. Only one other player, Minnesota quarterback Brett Favre, has been honored three times by the Associated Press' 50-member panel of sportswriters and broadcasters. The face and foundation of the franchise since being selected with the first overall pick in the 1998 draft, Manning has helped direct the Colts to a league-best 14-2 record, the No. 1 seed in the AFC and an eighth consecutive playoff berth.

Source: Indianapolis Star

2. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

Congrats Peyton
    You really are one hell of a QB

3. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

LMAO!

Like I said in another thread, whenever there's any doubt in the voters mind, they take the easy option and go Manning. I wonder what Brees & Johnson did to piss them off so much.

1 person likes this.
  4. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

i thought the MVP was for the best overall player.

5. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

I thought him getting it last year was bad enough, but this time around takes the piss. I think it was the Colts epic collapse against the Jets that won it for him.

I noticed Brett Favre got more votes than Phillip Rivers and Chris Johnson...What the heck?

6. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

thats cause everyone was riding rivers rod in december when every news station asked its viewers why no one is talking about rivers.

chris johnson not getting it is a crime

7. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

Brees should have got this 1

8. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

congrats to peyton. suck it farve.

9. Bears 88

Bears 88 FTW

P Man is amazing.

10. theeraser21

theeraser21 u r a slapdick

hellz yeah

11. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

I thought Brees would win it this year

12. Flacco2MasonTD

Flacco2MasonTD ಠ_ಠ

It pleases me that Manning has eclipsed Favre in this regard - if he could break everyone of Favre's record and then sleep with Deanna I would be a happy man.

13. Evasfunk

Evasfunk Rookie

Dude its Peyton Manning, he runs the offense and is pretty much the team. 14 straight wins and 7 come from behind wins, than once they pulled him they lost 2 straight. Brees and Rivers are elite but they don't run the whole offense like Peyton does. Chris Johnson is going to win the Offensive Player of the year award, it is just hard to give MVP to a player who's team didn't qualify for the playoffs.

3 people like this.
  14. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Brett's gonna have to come back one more year now.

:icon_cheesygrin:

15. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Chris johnson got screwed cause his team lost all those games in the begining. I think if they made the playoffs no doubt it would be cj.

16. BU54

BU54 1st Stringer

Not anymore. Now it's similar to the Nobel Peace prize. :icon_eek:

17. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

Congrats to Peyton. Well deserved.

I can't believe all the people snitching and whining across the internet about Peyton getting it like he doesn't deserve it as much as anyone. Freaking idiots. It's cool if you wanted someone else to have it but don't act like it got stole from them.

1 person likes this.
  18. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

This. Rep.

19. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Peyton, that's P-E-Y. Couldn't go wrong with any of those mentioned. I was hoping it would go to Rivers or Brees. But oh well.

20. The Mullet

The Mullet Reptile Guru

lmao. Ya, it figures, out of the 4 he has he maybe deserves 2 of them. It's a name brand league. CJ got robbed.