Colts RB Donald Brown Taking NFL Practices In Stride

Discussion in 'Indianapolis Colts' started by 86WARD, Aug 4, 2009.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

First-round draft pick Donald Brown signed his contract Sunday and got right to work in Monday’s morning practice. “One of the things you can’t discount is getting your team all together at the start. Bill Polian, [vice president of football operations] Chris [Polian] and [director of player personnel] Tom Telesco do a great job of not just selecting talent but getting them signed and getting them here so we can work with them,” coach Jim Caldwell said after Monday’s morning practice. “To be able to start out first day without any distractions in that regard, without any holdouts, is a testament to what they do and how they do their job. Donald Brown is a guy we anticipate will move quickly, in terms of his knowledge of the game and how he performs out on the field, so it will be exciting to see him in pads and see what he can do.” Brown, a speedy multi-purpose running back who played collegiately at Connecticut, took Monday’s practices in stride. “It went well. I made a couple of mistakes but as long as I don’t make the same mistake twice, I’ll be all right and take it one practice at a time,” he said.

Source: Tribune Star