Colts To Release QB Peyton Manning On Wednesday

Discussion in 'Indianapolis Colts' started by SRW, Mar 6, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

According to ESPN's Chris Mortensen, the Indianapolis Colts and quarterback Peyton Manning will part ways. A press conference will be held and attended by both Manning and Colts owner Jim Irsay on Wednesday. Manning is due a $28 million option bonus on Thursday, with the team having until 4pm ET on Friday to release Manning to avoid paying a $28 million non-exercise fee. The four-time NFL Most Valuable Player, who turns 36 later this month, missed all of 2011 after undergoing four procedures on neck in a span of two years. Manning, who will be free to sign with any team, is expected to draw interest from the Miami Dolphins, Washington Redskins and possibly the Seattle Seahawks on the free agent market.

Source: Mac's Football Blog

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2012
  2. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

End of an era. Let the Luck era begin. Will be interesting to see where #18 ends up.

3. cover the spread

cover the spread beastin'

That's a shame. I loved the Pats-Colts rivalry and always respected that guy.

Be pretty cool if he went to Miami though. It could be like the Kelly-Marino rivalry from back in the day.

4. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Yes really takes the meaning of the colts-pats rivalry. I respect Manning more than I do anyone else in the league and i hope he does well wherever he goes. I'm excited to see where he ends up.

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

Same...gonna be Montana-like.

6. Starkiller501

Starkiller501 Starter

First of all: HOLY OSIK!!!!!!
    Second of all: Washington's probably not gonna sign him, unless they fail to get RG3

7. Steve12

Will he sign before or after the draft?

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

I'm thinking before.

9. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Miami please.

10. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

yep, he should sign before the draft. manning and flynn's eventual locations could affect the draft.

11. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

the colts have called a presser for 11 a.m. CST.

12. TideRedskinslunatic

TideRedskinslunatic 2nd String

just hope he does'nt look like a broken down ole man like namath and johnny unitas did their last seasons.

13. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

I think that Manning signs before the end of March. I also think he may end up somewhere that's not on the radar. Where? I don't know nor do i really care. I just kind of feel bad for Andrew Luck because he already has some GIANT shoes to fill and he's going to get killed behind that O-Line. I'd also chuckle if he re-signs in Indy for less money. It'd be AWESOME!

14. dpn

dpn 18to44

Very sad day for me.:icon_sad:

15. Steve12

Lmao [MENTION=1604]TheDuke[/MENTION] I thought about that too. It would be hilarious if he resigned in Indy. They way they were talking though there's no way that would happen.