Colts WR Anthony Gonzalez To Take Over Right Flanker

Discussion in 'Indianapolis Colts' started by 86WARD, Aug 2, 2009.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

Colts quarterback Peyton Manning said it will feel a little different not having some of the pieces he’s used to being in camp, most notably former Colts coach Tony Dungy and former Colts wide receiver Marvin Harrison. On his trip to Terre Haute, Manning said he sent the two text messages letting them know how much the team will miss them. Despite growing accustomed to seeing No. 88 lined up right, Manning said he is excited to get to work with the targets he does have at his disposal. “At this point, it looks like (Anthony) Gonzalez will be on the right, and I think he’ll have a great year,â€￾ Manning said. “I think my head will be turning the other way a little bit more to the left toward No. 87 (Reggie Wayne). Dallas (Clark) will have a big year for us, and I’m looking forward to seeing the healthy competition at that third spot, whether it be Pierre Garcon or Austin Collie, there are some big shoes to fill playing in the slot.â€￾

Source: colts.com

2. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

I've had A. Gonzalez on my FF teams for the past 2 years waiting on a break out year. Now he's no longer under the radar.

3. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

ROFL
    manning you shouldnt publicy say that youll look more to Wayne, its gonna ruin Gonzos confidence.

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

I'm more interested to see who will step it up and take "Gonzalez'" spot...or possibly the slot if there's an injury.
    Right now with Clark on the squad...he's more of a WR than a TE anyway they shouldn't miss an old Marvin too much. Garcon may step up in the event of an injury...