Colts WR Wants To Improve Game, Not Replace Marvin Harrision

Discussion in 'Indianapolis Colts' started by Stinger75, Sep 9, 2009.

1. Stinger75

Stinger75 It's Showtime, Folks!

Marvin Harrison is gone, and Anthony Gonzalez can't begin to fill the future Pro Football Hall of Fame wide receiver's shoes. Harrison, the Indianapolis Colts' career leader in virtually every receiving category, wore size-13 cleats. Gonzalez, the 2007 first-round draft pick, wears size 101/2, and isn't easily drawn into such comparisons. "I don't know. That's a little deep," Gonzalez said recently. "It might be a reach. How do you fill Marvin Harrison's shoes? I don't think you do." "There are a lot of plays to be replaced losing Marvin," quarterback Peyton Manning said during training camp. Some undoubtedly will be directed at Reggie Wayne, the three-time Pro Bowl receiver who has averaged 86 catches and 1,246 yards the past five seasons. "Anthony made plays for us the past two years and will be in a starting role this year," Manning said. "With that comes more responsibility."

Source: Indianapolis Star

2. Wacko4Flacco

Wacko4Flacco Prima Ballerina

The Colts still have good options at receiver without Harrison. Gonzalez is capable of picking up for Harrison's absence and Wayne is a legit #1. The key to this is Dallas Clark in my opinion and I feel he is a great TE.

3. Stinger75

Stinger75 It's Showtime, Folks!

The Offense keys off the TE play, and having a legit receiving threat at TE.. If Clark can stay healthy, Gonzalez and Wayne will be able to spread it around.