Commissioner Pleased With Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger's Recent Behavior

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Steelers' started by ravenfan52, Aug 4, 2010.

1. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said Wednesday that Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger is doing more than he was asked to do by the league when given a six-game suspension after being accused of sexual assault. Goodell said he will meet with Roethlisberger before the regular season starts in September and determine whether to reduce the punishment to four games. The Steelers quarterback has been having his best camp yet, according to Steelers offensive coordinator Bruce Arians. During a visit to the Baltimore Ravens training camp, Goodell said: "He is doing what he's been asked to do -- and frankly more." Goodell added that Roethlisberger "understands the seriousness of this and the fact he has to change the way he's doing things. I'm encouraged by that." Goodell is scheduled to visit Steelers camp Thursday and plans to meet with Roethlisberger.

Source: Associated Press

2. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

"He is doing what he has been asked to do" = Not rape any more women. Woopty freaking doooo..let's all clear out a spot in Canton for the scumbucket.

3. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

It's been cleared for 2 years now.

4. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

Not only that, he's asking for permission first.

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

He punched his ticket to Canton long before he was wrongly accused of rape.

Let's see...wrongly accused of rape and 2 Super Bowl Titles

or

Coming close to the dance and consistently falling short; finally making it to the dance and choking on your own throw up.

I'll take the two title titles and being falsely accused of rape. lol...

So if they meet Thursday Goodell can tell Ben that his suspension is set at 4, but there is still a lot of time to earn those two extra games. Nice...

6. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

LOL if any of you think this degenerate will EVER be in the hall of fame.

7. Crowned

lmao if you're serious, which I doubt....

8. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

He will never win another SB, didn't have crap to do with the controversial 1st title and raped 2 women. He will never see Canton

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

I'm sorry....AT LEAST 2 women

9. Brendan

Brendan Rookie

Disagree with most of you. Big Ben is a top 6 QB in this league with two superbowls under his belt at an early age. He finds ways to win, and is going to continue winning.

10. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Then you only disagree with me in this thread. The rest of em would line up and pay to be "raped" by Ben.

11. Brendan

Brendan Rookie

Big Ben is not the greatest of all time, and he is not top 3 in the league, but I see no reason why you would think he isn't one of the best in the league other then being mad about his off the field issues.

12. smeags

smeags militant geek

lol at the wrongly comments. wait, by wrongly do you mean covered up by having the restroom cleaned and video tape destroyed before the cops were ever called 6hours after the incident was first reported ?

13. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

while i REALLY doubt he raped anyone, im sure his rod came out at some point and im sure he was a drunk dude tryin to bang a drunk snitch....hes an butthole, that wouldnt surprise me at all. but im not sure what any of this has to do with his ability on the field

oh wait it doesnt

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

also, im pretty sure goodell left to door open for him to return in less than 4 games when they last met, or at least thats the rumor

14. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Never said he wasn't a good QB. I did say he had little to nothing to do with winning his first SB (not really debatable unless your a homer) but as far as his skill set I agree he is top ten if not top 6. I just think that once you get accused of your second rape in 1 year and it becomes clear that your a despicable human being, I stop caring and therefore commenting on your football skill. Which is why all I say about Vick is get him the heck off my team. K-train and other SteAler fans don't care one bit about the character of the people they root for but I do.

15. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

i might care if they were trying to win my vote for congress or something

16. blkngldbabe

blkngldbabe Come Get Some!

SO you can't root for the team even though a player on said team may not be morally on par with your own ethics?

17. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Yes....but you have no idea how low of a standard that is.

18. blkngldbabe

blkngldbabe Come Get Some!

That was about as clear as mud. It's ok to cheer for the Steelers then, even though Ben is on it? IT doesn't mean I"ll be buying his jersey but they are still my favorite team win or lose. If it's not ok, then I have some questions.

19. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Unless your illiterate it was clear.

20. Crowned

Stop putting food in the troll's bowl :, why do you think it keeps coming back for more? :icon_cheesygrin: