Congrats 2008 AL Champs Tampa Bay Rays

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by MediaGuy, Oct 19, 2008.

1. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

when have the rays every so often snuck up and made a run and then gutted their team, NEVER, they cannot be lumped into the clubs that are too cheap to keep their players. There is no history for the Rays to base that assumption, just because cheap butt teams like the marlins or twins or padres continually gut their teams doesn't mean the rays automatically will.

2. FSUViking

FSUViking BANNED

There's no history for the Rays. Just history of Major League Baseball and about 23 of it's teams in similar or smaller sized markets. C'mon.....this isn't freaking rocket science. If the Rays win the World Series, they'll have to double their payroll to close to $100M to keep this team intact after 2 years. If you think the Rays will join the $100M+ payroll club, then I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you. I mean for heck sakes, the World Series winning bonus will be more, or close to, the base salaries of almost half the team!!

But yeah, I totally see the Tampa Bay Rays becoming a big spending dynasty now. Good luck with that prediction. :icon_rolleyes: