Congrats To The 2008 World Series Champion Phillies

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by MediaGuy, Oct 29, 2008.

1. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

2. lions2055

lions2055 Special Teamer

:clap01:

3. Xpunk10

Xpunk10 X10

So you're flying into Philly then taking a cab to Broad? You leaving same day?

I'm taking the train from Cherry Hill in.... this is going to be interesting.

4. JPETERSON

JPETERSON Dr. Feelgood

GOOD JOB PHILLIES!

Congrats to them and their fans. It's well deserved and a long time coming.

5. 4STARRFAN

4STARRFAN Rookie

Take pictures guys! Congrats and enjoy!

6. AlexOvechkin

AlexOvechkin World Champions 2008!!!

7. TDJets72027

TDJets72027 Rex Ryan baby

Let's hope the Yankees win it on 09. Congrats Phils.

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

So who can make a "World Freaking Champions" .wma file and convert it to a .aac file that I can use for a ringtone?!?

9. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

I'm waiting for the "World Freaking Champions" t-shirts.

10. TDJets72027

TDJets72027 Rex Ryan baby

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

[​IMG]

Every complete game from the 2008 World Series will be available to own in this one of a kind 8 DVD collector's set- just in time for the holidays. Each definitive 2008 World Series game is presented in it's entirety, preserving the complete, uneditied footage of every World Series game and key postseason games- plus exclusive locker room celebrations and interviews.

www.mlb.com

12. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

That's way too expensive. I bought the 5 games off of itunes for $7. I'll buy the Phillies video yearbook when they release it, though.

I also want to get the SI package and I really want to see the commercial that opens with "The Phillies have won the World Series!".

13. 86WARD

86WARD -

I'll buy it as well as the yearbook and my Moms already picked up the SI Phillies edition for me. I'll buy it in hardback too...

I'd love for comcast sportsnet to release the full parade...uncensored of course...:icon_lol:

14. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

15. 86WARD

86WARD -

For hecksakes. If I knew they were running I'd have cast my vote for them!!

16. ronbart

ronbart Pro Bowler

all 48 hours of game 5?

17. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

actually it was more crazy than that, I flew into newark and then my connectiing flight that was supposed to land at the philly airport was cancelled, I was able to get an amtrak ticket from newark into 30th street at about 11:30, I was sooooooo beat, but running on adrenaline and happiness, I was sporting my dykstra jersey so that gave me more to keep me going strong. Then the guy that I was with from newark and I hopped on the blue line to 15th street and took the free interchange to the broad street line to walnut/locust, they wouldn't let anyone out at walnut, so we walked underground to spruce and as soon as we made it upground, we were esssentially in a mosh pit, people were passing out beers and I was able to slide over and climb on top of a daily times machine and got some nice pic's and vids. I am working on uploading them as I had a 12megapixel camera (cannon a650 powershot) and you can save my pics and zoom in on them. I ended up walking the 5+ miles to the stadium to watch the rally and videotape some speeches and was basically walking dead by the time the rally let out and trying to get home on the broad street north, to the blue line, to 69th street and out to drexel hill where my dad lives. I am still recovering, lol IT WAS ALL WORTH IT.

If anyone saw the crowd in chicago tonight for Obama, there was 4 times that many people for the Phillies parade, It was amazing, I never high fived or hugged or shared in joy with so many people in my entire life. Wow is all I can say and I will remember that for the rest of my life, even if I forget everything else.

Thank you Phillies, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

18. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

Congratulations again. A sportsfan such as yourself deserves the thrill of victory. Your city has experienced many years of the agony of defeat. Wear your colors proud you 2008 MLB Champion Phillies!

19. smeags

smeags militant geek

damn mike, wish i knew you were coming in, would've been nice to meet you. i probably walked right by you though -

20. smeags

smeags militant geek

only had my phone to take pics but here are some of them.