Cowboys Announce Hiring Of Rod Marinelli As D-Line Coach

Discussion in 'Dallas Cowboys' started by SRW, Jan 18, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

The Dallas Cowboys have hired former Detroit head coach Rod Marinelli as defensive line coach.

The Cowboys reported the move on the team's website Friday. Marinelli was the defensive coordinator under Lovie Smith with the Chicago Bears, but decided not to stay on the staff of Smith's replacement, Marc Trestman.

The move reunited Marinelli with new Dallas defensive coordinator Monte Kiffin. The two were on the same staff in Tampa Bay.

Kiffin replaced Rob Ryan, who was fired last week.

Source: Associated Press

2. Payton3434

Payton3434 Rookie

Good luck coach Rod, thank you for your service in Chicago!! The Dallas D is going to be SICK next season, Marinelli and Kiffin back together again. Demarcus Ware is looking at a career season next season! <smh> :icon_eek:

3. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Yeah definitely not happy about this one.

4. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

I'm pretty pumped from what I'm reading wasn't at first tbh but I'm starting i dig it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

Great score for the Cowboys...not sure what the Bears are thinking here not trying to retain him.

6. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

'boys definitely got someone who'll get these guys on the same page & at a fever pitch.

I'll miss him...

7. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

While I like the hire, there's just one problem. The Cowboys don't have the right personnel to play the 4-3. The players right now are just too small.

As for Ware, I think his sack totals are going to go down, because he's facing players that are bigger than him and bigger than he's used to.

It's going to be at least two years before the Cowboys get the right personnel to play the Tampa 2, IMO.

Hope I'm wrong, though.

8. Omen

You are incorrect my friend

Ill compare Charles Haley for instance who played at 6-5 266 demarcus ware measures 6-4 260

And if spencer stays he played 42 de in college. If I'm not mistaken.

Pluse here is some data on current des in the NFL that some one else did

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jan 19, 2013
  9. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Believe me, a talent like Ware is going to get his numbers no matter what defense you put him in. Some players are just that damn good. Only thing slowing Ware down would be injuries.

10. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Honestly I think Spencer is going to blow up in a 4-3. He has just the right skill set to be a 4-3 DE more so then a 3-4 Olb.

Sent from my HTC Vivid

11. ragman

And age.

12. ragman

Tony Dungy was in town not too long ago, and in an interview with the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, he said it would take the Cowboys 2 years to properly run the Tampa 2 defense.

13. Omen

Rags why are you pessimistic.

14. ragman

Because you get pessimistic when you see the Cowboys doing the same things over and over again. After a while, you begin to lose faith.

15. Omen

The same thing like what. We're changing coaches and defensive scheme that's not the same.

16. ragman

I'm talking about in games, Omen. Penalties, turnovers, etc. Two seasons in a row of 8-8. That's what I'm talking about.

17. RichLikeWh0a

RichLikeWh0a Hermhater = Nemesis

this 8-8 season >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> last season's 8-8. sorry if i'm the only one that thinks so but there were a lot more positives that came out of this season.

18. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Because he is a wet blanket by nature. Every time I read a ragman post this is all I can think of.

[​IMG]

19. ragman

Just calling it like I see it.

20. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Or as you heard it somewhere else

Sent from my HTC Vivid