Cowboy's Draft Needs And Such....Got Some Players Too

Discussion in 'Dallas Cowboys' started by Jihad Joe, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Jones had a policy not to draft offensive lineman in the first, but he was also looking for a LT in 2008, so I believe thats an old policy

The only guy's they have drafted in a long time in the first that are considered "risk" players were Ware and Williams. Ellis, Spears, Carpenter, Newman, Jenkins, and Jones were all considered somehwhat safe picks

2. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

ya forgot Anthony spencer i think that was one of BP last picks

last Offenseive player we picked before FJ was David Lafluer TE man i get chills when i think of that

3. Ummm guys you remember what kind of draft Cowboys had last year? It is proof that Jerry Jones is losing his mind and as a Cowboys fan I would be worried!

4. Jihad Joe

Actually Spencer was a Phillips pick

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

Its better than the one you guys have this year

You guys pick, what in the 4th lol

5. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

All these players are signing and being traded. and we haven't touched a single one. Who's philosophy is this? I don't like it. Looks as if were putting all are marbles in one bag. Going to have to do some serious damage in the draft. I can't help but think we may trade a pick from next years draft to move up or to have 2 first round picks.

6. Jihad Joe

Especially when you see what some guys have gone for

Im not a fan of Rhodes, but a 4th......GTFO

Chris Houston for what, a 6th?

get into the top of the second

Be freaking sweet to land ET AND Cody

7. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

And heckin Tapp for chris clemons and probably a crapty pick. It's like their not even talking to anybody, players nor teams. Meanwhile you have talented players being traded for nothing and solid players being signed. Now I understand not going after bums like Joey Porter, or Larry Johnson and those types of players. But theres some solid free agents that could have been had.

8. Jihad Joe

Atogwe is still out there

Other than Sharper, I seriously think he is all thats left

I fully expect Ellis to be back, and to me thats a good thing. Dude still has the gas to be a situational player. He worked Spencer when he was a pup, I bet he would with Butler and B-Will too

9. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Atogwe would be great. but If we haven't had any talks with him or anything like that than I can't possibly see it happening.

10. Jihad Joe

Ive heard we have shown "interest"......but you know how that goes

How deep into FA did we sign Hamlin?

Also, cross him off the list because he hecked his sister

11. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

That's hecked up, but to be honest it was a long time ago and wasn't it consensual and it sounds like he's made amends for it. Not saying I like him as a prospect cause I don't know crap about his skillset.

12. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

you think there waiting on Atngone (ms) to see if they release him

13. The Manster

The Manster 1st Stringer

I could see Dallas waiting to see who would be there at #27 and depending on who is there they may try and make a move for a FS or even a OT.

14. Jihad Joe

Ya it was consenual, but I dont know man, I just dont know

Might be too much for teams to swallow

15. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Just going to list a few of the names that have visited us or have visits set up.

WR Dez Bryant
    LB Navorro Bowman
    CB Devin McCourty
    Interested in Mitch Petrus

Dez Bryant is a bit of a head scratcher considering he'll go way before we pick.

16. Lord_Joe

Lord_Joe Smiley Bugger

Better his sister than brother.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. The guy thing, not the brother thing. Lots of things wrong with THAT.

17. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

He was 16 she was 15. Sooo it doesn't sound as bad as it's made out to be. I'm not trying to justify what he did. But there are some things worth noting.

18. The Manster

The Manster 1st Stringer

The big news out now is that he will slide. He has off the field questions and some or worried that he will be a system WR. He played in the spread and it can take some time for WR to adjust.

19. Jihad Joe

I like McCourty. If we take a CB in the first, its gotta be a guy that is a St deamon as well, which McCourty is.

I dont think he has Robinsons upside, but he does need some work before he is ready to be an every down CB

20. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Any similiarities between Dez Bryant and Troy Williamson?