Cowboys Draft Watch: Updated Weekly

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by Jihad Joe, Jan 3, 2014.

1. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

At the Senior Bowl yesterday, he was 6/11, 32 yards, no TDs and no INTs.

2. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Ok, Im going back to round 1 this week. I'll add the 4th round when we are deeper into draft season

Round 1:

Derek Carr: QB, Fresno State

Could very well be gifted to Dallas in the mid first with 3 in the QBs ahead of him. has everything you want in a franchice QB and impressed alot of people throwing well in bad conditions during Senior Bowl practice. Could use a year of coaching working on his footwork

Louis Nix: DT, ND

Could be a monster at that 1 Tech positon. His perfomance at the combine will go along way to telling if he could be one of Dallas targets. Marinelli wants "quick twitch" guys that fire off the snap

Aaron Donald: DT, PSU

Playmaking 3 Tech is the most explosive and productive playmaker in the draft. His size wont be a concern in Dallas

Dee Ford: DE, Auburn

Electrifying pass rusher who's size may hurt him in the eyes of 4-3 teams, but is a very good fit for Marinelli's line

Jimmy Garapollo: QB, Eastern Illinios

This seems high now, but he is skyrocketing and people are think he is a early second now, he'll almost definitely go in the first. More polished then Carr, but doesnt have as powerfull an arm.

Rashede Hageman: DT, Minnesota

Powerful 1 Tech prospect who has great measurables but needs to be more consisistant.

Stephon Tuitt: DT, ND

Potentially electrifying 3 Tech, could be a Jason Hatcher clone. Had a dominant JR year and an up and down SR year thanks to a preseason injury

Kony Elay: DE, Mizzou

Losing some ground to Ford in in the race to be the #2 edge rusher. A popular mock target to Dallas. Not as explosive or refined as Ford, but better overall athletism and upside

Will Sutton: DT, ASU

A guy to watch at the combine. He is hoping to come in at about 305. He played his JR season at under 280, and was asked to play his SR season at over 325. He showed up 315 for the Senior Bowl, which while is a plus he looked lethergic at times, dominant at others. If he can get his weight to his target by the combine, and grade out well in agility drills. A good combine and he could be the first DT off the board

Dropped out

Timmy Jernigan
    Trent Murphy

Mike likes this.
  3. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

In today's Dallas Morning News, Cowboys Insider Brandon George gives 5 names of players he thinks who could fit on the Cowboys roster in 2014.

They are:

Dee Ford-DE-Auburn.

Aaron Donald-DT-Pittsburgh.

Mike Davis-WR-Texas.

Kareem Martin-DE-North Carolina.

Jimmy Garoppolo-QB-Eastern Illinois.

4. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

I really like Martin. I could see him being a 3rd rounder. I think he can be a very good one dimensional role player as a rookie and develope into a good all around DE

IMO the only way we are gonna get Garapollo is if we draft him in the first. And I am definitely not against that. I think either one of the teams that missed out on the top 4 QBs or team that may have passed on one (Texans come to mind if they go after Clowney) will jump on him in the early second or trade back into the first for him

5. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

He'll be gone in the 1st.

Really makes it interesting evaluating talent and team needs when it comes to the Cowboys. Always have to factor in the WTF Factor in Jerry Jones.

Aussie61 likes this.