Cowboys Owner Jerry Jones Lines Up Two Interviews To Fulfill Rooney Rule

Discussion in 'Dallas Cowboys' started by BigBlueBruiser, Dec 27, 2010.

1. Dallas Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones said Monday he doesn't have a timetable on naming his next coach but plans on speaking with current wide receivers coach Ray Sherman and another candidate to fulfill the league's policy regarding minority hires. "I'll do both [interviews]. Not that it's the rule, but I will do both," Jones said. "It's just too logical for me, if we've got qualified people on our staff, to interview them. And it's too illogical to say that you'll leave it at that. There's qualified people out here that you would want to interview." Speaking to reporters following interim coach Jason Garrett's news conference, Jones also said he will not interview 10 coaching candidates as he did in 2007 when he was replacing Bill Parcells, who retired from coaching. Jones said he wants to see Garrett succeed but can't commit to him long-term because of NFL rules regarding coaching candidates. Jones said he has a list of coaching candidates, a list he wouldn't reveal, but there are a few issues he must sort out before making a hire.

Source: ESPN Dallas

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2010
  2. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Here's how it goes....

JJ: Hey (insert name).

candidate: Hi Mr. Jones

JJ: You want the job?

candidate: Heck Yeah!

JJ: Tough crap!

NEXT!

3. Alcohol_IV

Alcohol_IV eBattle Champion

The Rooney Rule is an insult to everyone who could fulfill the job.

4. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Dennis Green and Jeremy Green

5. Lddbck

Lddbck Little League

Wesley Snipes and Barack Obama.

And Jerry as your looking for a Coach...hows about firing that dumb butt GM and hiring one that knows football.

6. wow... :icon_rolleyes:

7. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Rooney rule sucks IMO

8. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

So what is Jerry's angle? What is his end game?

9. Maybe Jason Garrett's job isn't as secure as first thought. I'd strangle David Buehler if I were Garrett.

10. Omen

Who knows nut I don't think he will sign a cowher or gruden etc etc after what he said on Saturday

11. SRW

I think he goes with Garrett. He made this choice a long time ago and he has to roll with it.

12. Omen

Sometimes I think that and them I think he will shock people and annouce a coach not named garret. If garret stays he nneds to bring in a whole new Defensive staff IMO

13. SRW

Who would Garrett bring in to run the defense besides Sherman?

14. Omen

Rob Ryan....

Is my pic dude was and has been a good def coach not only the browns but in Az and in college

15. The Mullet

The Mullet Reptile Guru

I hope he keeps Garrett. More disapointment in line for the 'boys!

16. SRW

I would like that move. I guess the fallout all over the league needs to go down too. It's going to be an interesting offseason indeed.

17. Omen

Why would Garret bring dissappointment what is your basis for this

18. Jihad Joe

My money's on Capers. He was Garretts choice when he interviewed for the Baltimore job, and we were gonna bring him in as a secondary coach until Stewart got butt hurt

I think he's Garretts choice, but we would have to make him Assistant HC, and IIRC negotiate something with the Packers

19. Omen

Is capers who you want or think is gonna get the job

20. Jihad Joe

I think he is gonna be a target, he was going to be Garretts DC if he took the Baltimore gig. Dont know how attainable he is however. He is a "DC" in Green Bay, and im not sure what the deal is with "DC to Assistant Head Coach" thing. I like Capers, alot. But I would prefer Lewis or Nolan, someone that runs a Hybrid

Also, I dont believe we can give Garrett the job without an interview process