Cowboys Strike $108M Contract Extension With QB Tony Romo

Discussion in 'Dallas Cowboys' started by SRW, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

He had a very good one once

Sent from my HTC Vivid

2. Agent Zero

Agent Zero I rode the short bus

True, Romo did have a very good OL.(I assume you mean 07?) But remember dude, Romo was still green and had only started his career as a starter. Put that line in front of him now and I believe he would put up crazy numbers. my .02

3. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

So can every single QB that has ever played with a marginal/subpar oline.

4. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

Romo is not the worst qb in the league,but I can't think of a qb that has choked in more games than he has except maybe Donovan mcnabb,but he did get to a super bowl and romo has not gotten close to that yet.
    and tom brady is due 55 million like romo is,and flacco 51 million.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2013
  5. Agent Zero

I know what you are saying dude. The fact is, the Cowboys had no choice but to give him what he wanted. The alternative would've put the franchise back at least 5-8 years. (unless we got really lucky)

6. Jihad Joe

He put up crazy #s in 2007. Screw crazy numbers. That's all Romo has been to this point

How about crazy playoff wins

Sent from my HTC Vivid

7. Agent Zero

My mistake. That is what I meant to say. So do you think we should of let him walk or trade him away? Or do you think this was the best move for the Cowboys?

8. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Romo had the leverage here. It was either overpay him or let him walk. There are not very many good QBs just walking the streets.

9. ragman

Joe, say the Cowboys let Romo walk. Who would you have liked to replace him?

10. Jihad Joe

He wouldn't walk, you would trade him, get a first and a third. Sign Moore, draft Barkley in the first, draft and OG with the other first. Your about as good as you are last year, if not better plus you'll have more cap space to extend your young core on the coming years like Bryant, Lee, Smith, Carter, Murray and Claiborne

Sent from my HTC Vivid

11. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

If the cowboys do not make the playoffs this season,they may have to gut the team and rebuild next year. 5 years of not making the playoffs is unheard of for the cowboys. Ican see them being so-so until johnny football comes out of texas a/m,and moving heaven and hell to go up and take him in the 2015 draft.drafting him would keep them in the limelight until they can make a deeper run in the future.

12. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

Joei can't see the cowboys taking barkley,i can see them staying with room two seasons and taking johnny football before they take barkley.

13. VICK#7

VICK#7 BANNED

As an Eagles Fan, I just want to say " Thank You " to Jerry Jones. This means the Eagles and the rest of the NFC EAST dont have to ever worry about Dallas winning the division for the next 6 years.

again , Thank You :)

14. 86WARD

86WARD -

Did u hear this correctly?!? $21.773 million cap figure for Romo in 2014?

15. Jihad Joe

No, I'm talking if they were to trade Romo. They wouldnt do it if they didn't plan on replacing him

Sent from my HTC Vivid

16. Jihad Joe

No one has to worry about the Eagles winning the division for a good long time

Sent from my HTC Vivid

17. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

But what had he archieved over this time? 2 Division titles, 3 times playoffs..... How much worse can it become for you w/o Romo?

18. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

This thread is fun.

19. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

You do know that McNabb has won more playoff games than he lost, right?

20. ragman

This. Because Vick can't play a full season healthy.