Cowboys Strike $108M Contract Extension With QB Tony Romo

Discussion in 'Dallas Cowboys' started by SRW, Mar 29, 2013.

1. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

How many SB rings does he have, Dawk?

2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Thirty.

3. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

How many does Romo have? The top guaranteed money is Brady, Romo, Brees, and Flacco. All but Romo won a super bowl, all have more than 1 playoff win.

4. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

I've heard a story that once Donavon McNabb had taken a lovely young maiden into his bed with promises of a large black phallus and a night with a top tier NFL QB

She left disappointed on both accounts

Sent from my HTC Vivid

Last edited: Mar 30, 2013
  5. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

romo is what he is a good regular season qb that wont ever play in a confrence championship or superbowl. Atleast with romo there gonna be competetive every year until the postseason.

6. Jihad Joe

Baskett with some truth

You won't lose more then 8 games with Romo, but you won't win big either

Sent from my HTC Vivid

7. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

Truth, you will always be competitive to get into the playoffs right up until the end of the season, especially in the nfc east. But he just can't win the big one, and that's why he is being overpaid if you look at the history of him and all the other big paid quarterbacks. Seeing all these contracts is making me have nightmares of the Giants resigning Manning.

8. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

eh, unless manning demands a raise, his contract goes through 2015, when he is due to make $17.5 mill that season. by that time, $20 mill/yr for a QB may be a bargain.

9. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

10. ragman

Joe, first of all, what team is going to be willing to take on Romo's contract? The answer is no one. Second, you so overrate Barkley. USC hasn't had a good QB since before Palmer. I wouldn't touch a USC QB if my life depended on it. Leinart and Sanchez prove my point that USC QBs are all hype. The Cowboys have a fear of the unknown. That's why they've given such large contracts to players such as Free and others, and now, Romo.

11. RichLikeWh0a

RichLikeWh0a Hermhater = Nemesis

smh at this entire thread

12. Jihad Joe

Sigh.....

I'm not talking now, I'm talking before he resigned. Usually when a trade like that happens an extention is worked out shortly after

And have you ever actually watched Barkley. If you did you would see there is no legit comparison to Leinart or Sanchez. It's an incredibly lazy comparison

Sent from my HTC Vivid

13. 86WARD

86WARD -

Roethlisberger should get an extension next offseason...he's loving life right now...

14. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

look for rg3 to get his new deal next season and his will no doubt be bigger,especially if he has a year like he did in 2012.

15. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

yeah,i kn ow that,but he has still choked in every nfc championship game but 1,and actually puked and choked in the only sb he was in. and when romo beat the eagles,was'nt mcnabb the qb then? and not too mention,he looked like crap in Washington and with the Vikings!

16. DawkinsINT

Yeah, but people seem to forget that he won games before getting there. I'm not trying to say that he's been stellar in the playoffs, but many others did worse than him.

17. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

yeah,i kn ow that,but he has still choked in every nfc championship game but 1,and actually puked and choked in the only sb he was in. and when romo beat the eagles,was'nt mcnabb the qb then? and not too mention,he looked like crap in Washington and with the Vikings!

18. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

The Kelly experiment will either be amazing or a joke. Time will tell.

19. DawkinsINT

"amazing or a joke". As Eagles fans...we know how it ends. Screw.

20. ragman

Joe, the Cowboys were not going to trade Romo under the old contract or the new contract. Why not? Like I said, they have a fear of the unknown. They'd rather stick with a QB they know instead of a QB they don't know.